Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Temp job with Children Services or Paralegal job? Confused

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hello,I am a recently graduated MA Social Worker and I recently got offered a 3 month temp job with the Early Help team. Although not a Social Worker role per se I work closely with children centres and social workers. Furthermore, I got an interview for a permanent role with the Local Authority for their paralegal role with. Children Services. But I am a bit confused as to what to do. Quite different roles. I have a Law Degree at undergraduate level. My ultimate goal is to be a Family Court Advisor OR a Social Worker within a Fostering Team. I am not sure which job to take if I am offered the paralegal role.Any thoughts?

    Having worked in children's services and dabbled in the Court and care service fields, I would advise the paralegal position and family court advisor career route. Burnout in fostering social work is rife as it is a highly demanding role not assisted by national performance targets, high caseloads and copious red tape surrounding the assessment of foster carers.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.