The Student Room Group

Should I resit AS along with upcoming A2?

I am a Yr 11 student. I received my AS results today and got a ACCD. I am planning on dropping math for A2 which I got a D in. Universities I am looking for require ABB-BBB minimum. Should I resit my AS exams in June along with the A2? However; since my AS scores are low no university will accept me if I apply with my current AS grades. So when is it best to apply? Before retaking the AS or when my A Level results come out as a whole?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lethalicious
I am a Yr 11 student. I received my AS results today and got a ACCD. I am planning on dropping math for A2 which I got a D in. Universities I am looking for require ABB-BBB minimum. Should I resit my AS exams in June along with the A2? However; since my AS scores are low no university will accept me if I apply with my current AS grades. So when is it best to apply? Before retaking the AS or when my A Level results come out as a whole?

Uni's offer you places based on your predicted grades at A2- your teachers will base this off what you got at AS so you will be able to apply with these grades at AS provided your teachers are going to predict you get ABB-BBB next year-ygm?

Nonetheless- if you want boost your grade you can always retake single units to try and improve- depends on the individual scores you got. But the more you try to re-sit at A2 the more workload there is that will seriously take away from the time you want to spend on your A2 subjects. My teachers only advised taking one unit from each subject if you were really desperate to push the grades but you should start early and always make sure you're on top of your current courses

Hope this helps! Good Luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest