Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

How to pass all National 5's?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

So, I'm sitting my National 5 exams this May and I'm very scared because I really want to pass them all with A's so I can make an easy transition to Highers as I would like to study medicine or a subdiscipline. I know it's a long shot but I would like to try and get into an Ivy League school or something like that. I know it's merely impossible but a girl from my high school went to Harvard and a boy went to MIT. I am willing to put in the hard work but I don't know how to do so. I have past paper books of English, Maths and Biology and I have done a few online. The subjects I am most worried about are English and Chemistry as I don't really understand close reading or ionic/covalent bonds or balancing chemical equations. Although, I have already written a discursive essay for my folio work snd it was surprisingly easy, I'm just worried about the exam.

The exams I'm sitting are;

Modern Studies

How can I optimise my studying skills to achieve the maximum result?

All I can suggest is that you go over all the content you have learned each day when you get home. Continue to look at pass papers, books/online and sometimes these "how to pass" books give you decent tips. I would start your revision early but not too much to begin with or you will burn yourself out.
    Try to spend a little more on the subjects you're on sure of and less in the ones you're more confident with.
    If you feel it's all too much, prioritise your main subjects which are key for your career path.

Hope this helps.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.