Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to lose 2 inches of fat of my waist per week?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I am a 16 year old and i weigh 80kg. i have been trying to lose weight but always end up giving up. so i have started trying a bit more harder.

exercises which will help lose weight fast?
    foods to eat and also foods to avoid
    tips in general

and is it possible to lose 2 inches of fat of my waist

I think it's important not focus on numbers when you are trying to loose weight. I know from personal experience that you can see results in your body from exercise or healthy eating, but the number flashing on the scales stays the same. If you haven't already, try joining a gym as they can advise which exercises are best for the results you want. In regards to food, instead of focusing on restricting calories or avoiding a certain food group, just try to make healthier choices, whether it's choosing sweet potato fries over regular or brown rice over white. Try to remember that sustainable weight loss can take time to achieve and success is normally achieved when you focus on making healthy decisions instead on meeting numerical targets. Good luck!

Yes it can happen. I lost 2 inches from my waist this summer. 27inch to 25inch All i did was cut out the junk. Exercise. Drink water. I weigh 67kg

It's literally impossible to say. As you cannot spot reduce fat you cannot predict when and where you will lose fat and inches.

Exercise in general burns calories, which can help you get into a calorie deficit (the only thing that will make you lose weight). Different exercises are more calorie intensive than others. You're more likely however to stick to exercise if you enjoy it. So do something you enjoy.

The most important thing in weight loss is how much you eat in terms of calories. This is because it is a lot easier to eliminate 300 calories from your diet than it is to burn it off for the average person.

Don't view foods as good foods vs bad foods. This is a sure fire way to fail at weight loss. Food is not the enemy. You can still eat all the foods you enjoy and like, you just need to maintain a calorie deficit. So if foods you like fit into your calorie goals eat them. But of course try to maintain a balanced diet for health reasons.

Find out your TDEE:

And eat less than it a day in calories and you will lose weight. How much and how fast depends on how big of a calorie deficit (eating under TDEE) you are at. For example to lose approximately 1lb per week you need to eat 500 calories less a day (1lb of fat = 3500 calories / 7 days = 500 per day). This is approximate as not all weight you lose will be from fat, some will inevitably be muscle. You can however minimise muscle loss by not being in too big of a calories deficit, eating enough protein and getting adequate exercise.

To log calories I recommend using www.myfitnesspal.com . It's what I use.

I am Type 2 diabetic. I am 4ft.10 and weighed 13st.12. Doc said lose the weight or go on insulin. This was my weight on 2nd. July. I am now 12st.9. I have a heart condition, so what kind of exercises can I do?

(Original post by Seamus123)
    I am Type 2 diabetic. I am 4ft.10 and weighed 13st.12. Doc said lose the weight or go on insulin. This was my weight on 2nd. July. I am now 12st.9. I have a heart condition, so what kind of exercises can I do?

This is really something you should be asking your doctor. Not a bunch of students who likely have zero medical knowledge or training to be giving you advice considering your heart condition.

Well done on the weight loss so far, you've done well. Keep it up.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.