The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Msc Strength and conditioning

Hi all

Having graduated from teesside this year, i am moving to UCLAN to do strength and conditioning.

Keen to see who else is doing this course, what the course is like and what the gyms in Preston are like.

Also, any post grads. where is the best place to look for accommodation? not keen on living in with 1st years if im honest.
Reply 1
Original post by JordFalcon
Hi all

Having graduated from teesside this year, i am moving to UCLAN to do strength and conditioning.

Keen to see who else is doing this course, what the course is like and what the gyms in Preston are like.

Also, any post grads. where is the best place to look for accommodation? not keen on living in with 1st years if im honest.

Gym-wise: I'm not sure if MSc students get full use of the UCLan gym (I would assume so), however, I personally found it packed at most times of the day and mostly with people lounging against equipment and taking selfies. Don't get me wrong, there's some great equipment and it's not bad for classes and being used for being free.*
I joined Pure Gym as it was close to campus, relatively cheap but gave you everything you'd want and it's 24/7. Have a look about and choose what's best for you. Public transport is great so it's not too bad for links to and from gyms further a field.

Accommodation: Try looking at private landlords - places like The Warehouse Apartment's (I stayed there in my 2nd and 3rd year). The perks of halls, all bills included, convenient and close to uni, however, you can mention you're an MSc student and they can organise that you're not be allocated with 1st years/ freshers. There's plenty of options, again, research and find what's more convenient for you.

Good luck! :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Rebecca Jayne
Gym-wise: I'm not sure if MSc students get full use of the UCLan gym (I would assume so), however, I personally found it packed at most times of the day and mostly with people lounging against equipment and taking selfies. Don't get me wrong, there's some great equipment and it's not bad for classes and being used for being free.*
I joined Pure Gym as it was close to campus, relatively cheap but gave you everything you'd want and it's 24/7. Have a look about and choose what's best for you. Public transport is great so it's not too bad for links to and from gyms further a field.

Accommodation: Try looking at private landlords - places like The Warehouse Apartment's (I stayed there in my 2nd and 3rd year). The perks of halls, all bills included, convenient and close to uni, however, you can mention you're an MSc student and they can organise that you're not be allocated with 1st years/ freshers. There's plenty of options, again, research and find what's more convenient for you.

Good luck! :smile:

Thank you!! very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending