The Student Room Group

Will Camilla, Princess of Wales make a wonderful Queen?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Platopus
I don't think she's done anything awful

Clearly not. But he did get £1.6 million from the state of which £450k was for the renovation of his pad, Clarence House. Not bad for someone with only 5 O-levels and 2 A-levels.
Original post by ByEeek
Clearly not. But he did get £1.6 million from the state of which £450k was for the renovation of his pad, Clarence House. Not bad for someone with only 5 O-levels and 2 A-levels.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's fair. I'm just saying that Camilla in particular isn't any worse than the rest of them... So why single her out for criticism?
Yeah, I'm not saying it's fair. I'm just saying that Camilla in particular isn't any worse than the rest of them... So why single her out for criticism?

This thread is about her. She won't be queen. Apart from being a companion for Charles, she is pretty useless in the grand scale of things.
Original post by ByEeek
This thread is about her. She won't be queen. Apart from being a companion for Charles, she is pretty useless in the grand scale of things.

I know. That's my point. This thread is about her specifically. The majority of your criticisms have been targeted at the monarchy in general, rather than her in particular.
I know. That's my point. This thread is about her specifically. The majority of your criticisms have been targeted at the monarchy in general, rather than her in particular.

She is part of the monarchy. She doesn't have to work for her lunch. I have problems with that.
Reply 25
Original post by ByEeek
She is part of the monarchy. She doesn't have to work for her lunch. I have problems with that.

She's an integral part our Monarchy, and adheres to protocol (unlike Diana). She will make a wonderful Queen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by ByEeek

She will be Queen, regardless of the title she chooses to use. She's already made a wonderful Princess of Wales, despite choosing not to use the title.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, get Prince George to be King.
Reply 28
Original post by Zarek
They certainly don't stick in the mind as much as the numerous PR gaffes

Frankly that's the tabloid effect. Some minor misspoke word gets more attention than years of solid work for the benefit of people and communities. The same is true with politicians.

No harm to the guy, he can't help his parents or the bed he was born in, but I don't see much particular merit in him or his wife.

It's a hereditary system, we're not really expecting some exceptional superhuman. That's not really the point. But he's been solid, genuinely gives a toss, has a developed idea of what he wanted to do as Prince of Wales (few have, historically) and set about doing it.
Reply 29
I'm just saying that Camilla in particular isn't any worse than the rest of them...

Thought that said horse and was about to reply with "I think you'll find ...." :biggrin:
Original post by sationti
She will be Queen, regardless of the title she chooses to use. She's already made a wonderful Princess of Wales, despite choosing not to use the title.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If doing nothing constitutes being wonderful then I agree that she will indeed make wonderfully expensive I-don't-know-what that folks like yourself will go to jelly at the thought of seeing her.

Weird!
Don't see why Charles won't just abdicate in favour of William like the King of Spain did
Reply 32
Original post by L i b
Frankly that's the tabloid effect. Some minor misspoke word gets more attention than years of solid work for the benefit of people and communities. The same is true with politicians.

It's a hereditary system, we're not really expecting some exceptional superhuman. That's not really the point. But he's been solid, genuinely gives a toss, has a developed idea of what he wanted to do as Prince of Wales (few have, historically) and set about doing it.

ok, can almost go along with these points
The British monarchy doesn't work in the same way as other monarchies e.g Dutch/Swedish monarchies where the spouse of the heir apparent becomes king/queen.

She'll probably remain the Duchess of Cornwall as she's chosen not to take the title of Princess of Wales due to the title's close association with Diana - the only Royal who was universally liked and the person by whom Camilla will forever be overshadowed imo.

Practically speaking (which is already saying a lot for a royal family which no longer has any practical role), she'll be about as relevant as Prince Phillip (which is not relevant whatsoever)
Reply 34
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Don't see why Charles won't just abdicate in favour of William like the King of Spain did

Why should he? We have a hereditary monarchy, his life has more or less entirely focused towards him becoming King. He's not exceptionally old, infirm or otherwise unable to exercise the duties.

If it's entirely on the basis that William might be a bit more popular, well sod that - again, it's a hereditary system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending