The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton Halls of residence swap thread

Hi there fellow Brightonians :biggrin: just received my offer for accommodation, and glad as I am I got a place, it isn't exactly what want. So I thought I'd make this thread for those in similar situations, so we can find people to swap offers with and perhaps end up in our dream accommodations! :woo: I've been in contact with the accommodation elves at Brighton; and they've said this is doable and facilitated by the uni. Basic process is: accept offer, move into place, wait two weeks, pay £25 to uni, swap places with other student (this can be any campus e.g: phoenix to moulsecoomb) Full Info in the spoiler tag.

To start off:

En Suite: Yes
Catered: Yes
Contract length: 39 Weeks
Total rent: £6,396
Would Swap for: Same location (paddock field) but self-catered, or potentially anything else that is cheaper and self-catered hehe... Anybody? :angelwings:

Spoiler

Original post by SirKyrgystan
Hi there fellow Brightonians :biggrin: just received my offer for accommodation, and glad as I am I got a place, it isn't exactly what want. So I thought I'd make this thread for those in similar situations, so we can find people to swap offers with and perhaps end up in our dream accommodations! :woo: I've been in contact with the accommodation elves at Brighton; and they've said this is doable and facilitated by the uni. Basic process is: accept offer, move into place, wait two weeks, pay £25 to uni, swap places with other student (this can be any campus e.g: phoenix to moulsecoomb) Full Info in the spoiler tag.

To start off:

Contract length: 39 Weeks
Total rent: £6,396
Would Swap for: Same location (paddock field) but self-catered, or potentially anything else that is cheaper and self-catered hehe... Anybody? :angelwings:

Spoiler

Are you in flat 5A?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by grvinayak
Are you in flat 5A?

Hey there neighbor, nah I'm in flat 13. If I may ask, where do you find the A/B/C designation? in my offer on the website, and in the email they've sent me, the address just says 'flat 13' :s-smilie:
Original post by SirKyrgystan
Hey there neighbor, nah I'm in flat 13. If I may ask, where do you find the A/B/C designation? in my offer on the website, and in the email they've sent me, the address just says 'flat 13' :s-smilie:

hey the address is given on the pdf file attached to the email with the accommodation offer.
I also states your room number in the flat :smile:
Original post by grvinayak
hey the address is given on the pdf file attached to the email with the accommodation offer.
I also states your room number in the flat :smile:

Thanks for that :smile: I guess flat 13 doesn't have an a/b/c then :beard: my pdf just goes room number, flat 13, paddock field halls of residence, UoB, village way etc etc
Reply 5
Hi I also received my accommodation as well but unfortunately I was put into Great Wilkins because they had no more rooms available in paddock field. My room is self-catered and has an en-suite but it is a 50-week tenancy. I do understand that it is more expensive as it is a longer tenancy but if anyone was planning on staying in Brighton over the summer holidays of 2017 to work or etc. this could be advatageous.

Catered: No
Contract length: 50 Weeks
Total rent: £7,050
Would Swap for: Paddock Field or Anything else that has en-suite and is self-catered.

Good luck to those who wish to swap hopefully i'll find someone who wants to house in great-wilkins!
Original post by emslya
Hi I also received my accommodation as well but unfortunately I was put into Great Wilkins because they had no more rooms available in paddock field. My room is self-catered and has an en-suite but it is a 50-week tenancy. I do understand that it is more expensive as it is a longer tenancy but if anyone was planning on staying in Brighton over the summer holidays of 2017 to work or etc. this could be advatageous.

Catered: No
Contract length: 50 Weeks
Total rent: £7,050
Would Swap for: Paddock Field or Anything else that has en-suite and is self-catered.

Good luck to those who wish to swap hopefully i'll find someone who wants to house in great-wilkins!

Ah great wilkins (apparently) has the most social and communal atmosphere, which is a big plus imo :smile: and a 50 week contract could be great for international students that can't easily get back home at the end of the year. Good luck for finding a fellow swap-mate! Just wish this thread were more vibrant, there's gotta be more than 2 people who have less-than-ideal accommodation haha Suppose it could well liven up after results day when most people hear back from accom
Reply 7
Hi,I was given my accommodation offer for varley park, Coldean lane, wodland lodge, flat 8, room 9, BN1 9GR. It has en suite and is catered. However, this is not what I wanted when applying. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to swap for a room in the circus street, grand parade halls. Preferably near F block, Kaplan living but I will be happy with any.Thanks.

En suite: Yes
Contract length: 36 weeks
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi

We run a facebook group to facilitate room swaps. You can join it here https://www.facebook.com/groups/971514673196854/

Shiv
Accommodation Office
Original post by Jarethra
Hi,I was given my accommodation offer for varley park, Coldean lane, wodland lodge, flat 8, room 9, BN1 9GR. It has en suite and is catered. However, this is not what I wanted when applying. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to swap for a room in the circus street, grand parade halls. Preferably near F block, Kaplan living but I will be happy with any.Thanks.

En suite: Yes
Contract length: 36 weeks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending