The Student Room Group

Romeo and Juliet Book

Does anyone have a book of the play Romeo and Juliet either by penguin classics or dover thrift editions?
Why can't you yourself get either one on Amazon?
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Why can't you yourself get either one on Amazon?

Why Amazon, I could go Waterstones and get it tomorrow. However, I wanted to ask a question on the content included. Since I brought one recently without knowing that it was slightly edited.
Original post by Daydreamer3
Why Amazon, I could go Waterstones and get it tomorrow. However, I wanted to ask a question on the content included. Since I brought one recently without knowing that it was slightly edited.

Maybe you should have included that in your original post? All you asked was whether to get either or edition, given no clues as to why you want either.

Amazon does not sell it at retail price. And as a Lit student, it isn't worth buying books you'll only use and never pick up for all it's RRP price.

If you want a non-edited version, look for the "unabridged" version. It will be rare to find one, as all of them will be edited slightly.

I'd say Penguin as Dover are usually the smaller, pocket-sized books which I don't like. However, Penguin have tiny font which can be really annoying.

If I were you, I'd get the Oxford School Shakespeare, Cambridge School Shakespeare or the Longman School Shakespeare version.

You can be ambitious and go for the Arden Shakespeare but that's is full of academic notes for uni study which will be obsolete if you're going to study R&J at GCSE level.
Original post by Daydreamer3
Does anyone have a book of the play Romeo and Juliet either by penguin classics or dover thrift editions?

Are you doing WJEC for English?
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Maybe you should have included that in your original post? All you asked was whether to get either or edition, given no clues as to why you want either.

Amazon does not sell it at retail price. And as a Lit student, it isn't worth buying books you'll only use and never pick up for all it's RRP price.

If you want a non-edited version, look for the "unabridged" version. It will be rare to find one, as all of them will be edited slightly.

I'd say Penguin as Dover are usually the smaller, pocket-sized books which I don't like. However, Penguin have tiny font which can be really annoying.

If I were you, I'd get the Oxford School Shakespeare, Cambridge School Shakespeare or the Longman School Shakespeare version.

You can be ambitious and go for the Arden Shakespeare but that's is full of academic notes for uni study which will be obsolete if you're going to study R&J at GCSE level.

Is the Oxford school Shakespeare one unabridged and like the original? Please reply asap

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest