The Student Room Group

British schoolgirl who ran away to Syria with her two friends dies in airstrike.

Scroll to see replies

Can't say I'm surprised, this is what toxic indoctrination at such a vulnerable age can lead to. It's a shame such a young life was wasted like that.
Wow. This was a child... people make mistakes when they're 16 and are easily influenced. She just made a mistake that she couldn't take back. Have a bit of sympathy for her.
stupid brainwashed girl reaps what she sows
Original post by KimKallstrom

cockroaches

:congrats: I love you, dude... :hugs: That was hilarious :rofl: My dad calls idiots cockroaches too!
I won't celebrate the death of a 17 year old girl, but I have no sympathy for people who go to join ISIS. Yes, it is true that she was radicalised and obviously her religious upbringing likely had an influence on her decision, but that doesn't detract from the pure stupidity of moving into an active warzone. Refugees are leaving for a reason lol. Having said that, at her age (whilst still impressionable to a degree) it's not as if she was a little child with no mind of her own; she was a young adult and should at least have had the sense to independently research the situation on the ground and check her facts before going - a decision which would have probably stopped her from going in the first place. All in all, a somewhat sad occurrence in terms of her age, but no sympathy whatsoever because this eventuality was highly predictable. Any blow to ISIS and its supporters is a beneficial event in my books.
I do feel sad for her but she should have thought about this b4 running away
(edited 7 years ago)
good
She turned her back on the country that raised her so she could become a terrorist. It's sad for the family, but I have no sympathy for traitors.
Reply 68
Not alot of sympathy, but she was only 17, and regardless of what she did, she was still someone's newborn at some point, and someone will still grieve for her, so my sympathy is with them.
People can be misguided:frown:
No sympathy here, it is great news at least they can't come back to this country and the human rights morons say they should be free and not put in prison which puts this country in danger from them doing an attack.
Cant say i'm sad, but is she hadnt been such a naive a foolish girl then she could have had a full life. Lesson to others thinking of doing the same.
Went to Syria and got bombed...
...Didn't see that one coming!
Reply 72
Good.
**** den
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Maybe she missed fish and chips.

I hear there's an island off the coast of Scotland that does excellent fish and chips for asylum seekers...
There is no evidence suggesting she was severely mentally ill; therefore, she chose to join ISIS - an evil, barbaric enemy of her countrymen - by her own free will. Radicalisation is not a form of psychic mind control - those who are radicalised, in the absence of severe mental illness, choose to go along with it. She also chose to travel to a war zone where it is common knowledge that death is pretty much a certainty.

I have no sympathy for such poor judgement, and people are not "celebrating" her death as such, but are entitled to be thankful that a member of an organisation which seeks to indiscriminately murder people on the streets of Britain is no longer alive to be a part of that.
I, of course, won't celebrate her death, however I have no sympathy whatsoever for someone who decides to run off to join IS and subsequently dies.

Absolutely none.
I have no doubt my views will be controversial. I don't find this a cause to celebrate over. How I see it, a young British citizen died. A young British teenager who was radicalised in our country. What this evidently highlights is that we have a problem in the UK where teenagers are becoming radicalised and it is an issue we need to address. So in these situation I don't celebrate, but mourn the loss young lives which could have accomplished so much more if we could have prevented such indoctrination taking place.
Reply 78
Good, hope it was a barrel bomb, the injuries gfrom them seem fitting for her crimes.
I remember reading on a BBC article that she was a "straight- A- student".Not sure how credible that was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending