Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

French mayor bans burkinis

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

(Original post by chemting)
    I really don't see the difference between a wetsuit and a burkini...
    You have a skirt on the top of the wetsuit, because, you know, you can still see the shape of the thighs and ass in a wetsuit. The beasts men could get horny.

(Original post by chemting)
    Maybe someone modified a wetsuit by a tiny bit and called it "burkini" as a marketing ploy to sell to unsuspecting, holier-than-thou Muslims: like Islamic nuts, Islamic honey, Islamic water bottles, halal student loans, halal credit cards and stuff for dem eye lashes. So Islam is already being commercialized in very stupid ways (but ironically it doesn't stop Muslims telling me how bad capitalism is ).

Anyway, I really don't see the difference and the ban isn't justified for simply just this reason imo.
    I wouldn't be against burkini if we didn't have laws banning nudity, or nazi and KKK suits, etc. Since it is deemed acceptable for government/mayors to make laws on clothing, I don't get why it would be unacceptable to continue to do that now, especially in the current context of growing Islamic extremism. You have said it yourself, some covering clothes already existed for the beach, why some Muslims need to wear a clothing that they know offensive to the overwhelming rest of the population and that didn't even exist 5 years ago?

Imo, the only acceptable argument against the ban is that now those who think they are waging a holy war will wear it just to make a point. The mayor of Cannes admitted that no burkini was spotted on the beach before the ban, but said today that 10 women have been asked to leave the beach since (three agreed to pay the fine of €38).

French people are moving ever closing to taking back their homeland

Good, I just wish British people weren't so spineless and do the same

(Original post by WHITEPRlDE)
    French people are moving ever closing to taking back their homeland

Good, I just wish British people weren't so spineless and do the same
    We all need to read the Daily Mail article entitled: Time to take back what's ours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    What about Bikinis? So it's ok to have the 'freedom' to show your tits (as they hang out, are left nothing to the imagination) and thin g stings showing the arse, but no freedom for a woman to cover herself?
    If men didn't exist, women would probably still wear bikinis. If men didn't exist, women wouldn't wear burkhas or similar. Therefore, burkhas are the oppressive of the two.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Would you rather find
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.