The Student Room Group

Ladies, do you find guys who are unimpressed, or not trying sexier?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Yes, I think theres something quite entitled and aggressive about that, it's quite ruthless. Maybe if you win in it it's quite hot though. I have noticed.
I think I must be boring tbh, or too abstract/introspective.

Are you male or female?

male
Calculated neglect is the key
Original post by richpanda
That was a slight exaggeration, but my point still stands. I'm probably a 6.5/10, 7/10 on a good day but I've still had my fair share of being pursued rather than being the pursuer. Obviously nowhere near as much as a 9/10, but it still happens. Social skills are very underrated.

Because they matter very little unless we're talking completely socially inept. Almost nobody is like that though.When I was fat, I got very little (negative? - i.e. ridicule) attention from girls. As I started losing weight, attention increased and reached its peak when I was at my lowest BF ever and quite muscular. I'd say, sometimes, for someone who wasn't used it, female attention inflated my ego to Trump like levels.

I'd LOVE to believe that learn-able skills make you attractive. But if a kid asked me how to get girls interested, I'd unhesitatingly tell him to eat marginally better and lift, not get social skills. I never had any social skills and yet attention varied almost in proportion to my physical shape. From a certain point on, i.e. going from skinny to skinny-ripped, it increased exponentially.

The bros are right in my experience. Unfortunately.
Nope I find these guys irritating and I want to slap them :h:
Original post by Sisuphos
Because they matter very little unless we're talking completely socially inept. Almost nobody is like that though.When I was fat, I got very little (negative? - i.e. ridicule) attention from girls. As I started losing weight, attention increased and reached its peak when I was at my lowest BF ever and quite muscular. I'd say, sometimes, for someone who wasn't used it, female attention inflated my ego to Trump like levels.

I'd LOVE to believe that learn-able skills make you attractive. But if a kid asked me how to get girls interested, I'd unhesitatingly tell him to eat marginally better and lift, not get social skills. I never had any social skills and yet attention varied almost in proportion to my physical shape. From a certain point on, i.e. going from skinny to skinny-ripped, it increased exponentially.

The bros are right in my experience. Unfortunately.

I've always been muscular with low body fat, so I don't have any comparison. I'm not denying that looks are the most important, but social skills matter.

The amount of couples I see who are on dates or going out together just both on there phones the whole time and don't speak always look unhappy. If you can entertain a girl, you are putting yourself ahead of at least 50% of guys.
Original post by Kürbiskern

This may be true with someone who would not usually notice you so much. But it can backfire badly if you then go and try hard when you want to seal impulsive sex.
Like, you are leaving your phone etc- I have been hassled after that, but then when she was really into me and pondering whether to come that night for sex, i tried to say,in effect 'don't bs be, be reliable' ,and that killed it.
Reply 26
so basically do women like men who play hard to get?
no, playing hard to get is a womans thing
why do you think so many women end up with ugly guys, we all want men who will bend over backwards for us.

you're not getting ignored because you are not playing hard to get, you're getting ignored because you are probably not even trying to approach women. make the first move. most will say no (don't take it personally, we say no to most men, its not just you) but some will say yes.
i'm pretty sure i'd totally love a guy who didn't care at all
of course women like to have the feeling of someone liking them, appreciating them, thinking of them... it's really cute when a guy makes an effort just to see you smile, that sort of thing
Original post by Kürbiskern

you disgust me.
Original post by richpanda
I've always been muscular with low body fat, so I don't have any comparison. I'm not denying that looks are the most important, but social skills matter.

The amount of couples I see who are on dates or going out together just both on there phones the whole time and don't speak always look unhappy. If you can entertain a girl, you are putting yourself ahead of at least 50% of guys.

I know plenty of guys who are nasty and rude but still attractive girls like them :dontknow:. Social skills matter but in the grand scheme of things, they're insignificant.

It's just my observation and experience so far. I didn't become a wizard of social skills when I lost weight. I didn't gain Hitler-style oratory skills when I gained muscle mass. I just looked infinitely better (some guys can pull off the fat look btw, I'm one of those people who looks like a truck when he is fat).

I was and still am slightly insecure, nervous around girls and desperate to please. It's the fat boy syndrome yet it only got "attractive" when I stopped looking like Hugo Reyes from Lost.
I'm just looking for advice. I am told I'm very attractive but am not a success with women at all. Are women, attractive women such as I'm sure there are here, turned on by a guy who seems to have options, not care about impressing them, unimpressed by them....more attracted to this guy? Be honest, because people do like high value, inaccessible thing at times. Then I would have to balance this with getting noticed. The trick is to get noticed without trying hard.

Can any women give me advice? I love women and think they are hot but not enjoying that side of life.

it depends on what you do
if you're a couch potato douchebag with no wealth and no imagination/ambition or flair then no woman will even look at you twice
but (like me)
if you are an ambitious wealthy person with individuality and tasteful verging on gaudy style you will have more of a chance

Spoiler

My mum told me that laid back and not giving a **** was attractive,
Original post by RDKGames
Definitely, I'm sure women love a lazy and boring man.

Lmao 😂
I think a very desperate attitude in general (with all people, sexual or otherwise) is a turn off in a guy for me. Someone who is very sure of himself, doesn't follow other people around and doesn't try too hard is attractive. That being said, acting too uninterested in a girl you like will most probably give the impression that you don't like her. I like it when guys are confident and show interest, just don't overdo it and if a girl isn't interested back, move on.
George Bush did 9/11
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
Women want to be pursued, this idea that women go after men who ignore them is a total lie, most women would interpret that as a lack of interest and find another man.

In general yeah, but there's no better way to make a woman obsess over you than ignoring them for a bit.
Original post by WoodyMKC
In general yeah, but there's no better way to make a woman obsess over you than ignoring them for a bit.

You have to pursue then pull out like barebacking.
There's a fine line to walk when it comes to how attractive a girl finds you. She wants to be pursued, but she hates a guy who is too clingy. She will find you more attractive if you give her a challenge and ignore her for a while (i.e. let her pursue you), but she'll lose interest if you ignore her too long and she will eventually end up with that other dude who's been eyeing her up for ages. Girls are basically just desperate for attention but if they're interested, they will work for it. Provided you dress well, have made gains in the gym and you approach her in a club with no expectations - just go with the flow and see where it takes you. If nothing happens, move onto the next chick. Listen to all the bros out there when we say you need to talk to girls as if you don't give a **** - the last thing you want to do is reek of desperation. Be playful, give her some underhanded compliments and grind the hell out of her on the dance floor, and you could get lucky. These hoes ain't loyal, they rotate.
My mum told me that laid back and not giving a **** was attractive,

Reminds me of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I really don't know why the myth of treat them mean, keep them keen even still prevails. The kind of person that responds to that, isn't necessarily the healthiest person to be in a relationship with. Either they are someone who pursues despite all evidence suggesting there's no interest - basically giving the impression that they give no poop to your boundaries or what you want. Or, they are so needy that they need the attention of someone who shows no interest and will beg to be rewarded with that glance again.

Totally healthy.

If a guy is interested in me, I'm not a mind reader. I wouldn't be able to dicipher "I'm not interested" vs "I actually am interested but I won't let you know in anyway that I like you". I'm not interested in the drama of someone who blows hot and cold; nor am I interested in having my self esteem chipped away at whilst I worry about whether you really like me or not.

Basically show interest, read my responding signals (ie do I look like I want you or not? Handy tip: I don't play games so my yes signals mean yes and my no mean no..like the majority of other women). Don't be creepy..keep conversation appropriate and don't be fondling me like a piece of meat within minutes of meeting me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending