The Student Room Group

The girl I have a crush on

I didn't really know where else to turn, so I went to random strangers on the Internet.

I've been talking to the girl that I like quite a bit. I actually asked her for a drink after work but she works late" I'm visiting her facility (we work for the same company) just in different location in a month or two. She said she would give me the grand tour of the facility and we could go for tea.

The conversation has sort of died a little bit and I can't really think of a way to get it going again?

Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What do you have in common, if you know? You can try that as a starter.

Just be a bit careful as well, she could just be establishing a business relationship instead of an actual one.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
What do you have in common, if you know? You can try that as a starter.

Just be a bit careful as well, she could just be establishing a business relationship instead of an actual one.

Both work for the same company. From the North.

True. Although I'm quite sure she knows I like her, hell probably most the grads know. We flirted a good amount at the last grad event.

I'm still struggling to think of something to say. We've been talking for weeks and I think I might have actually ran out of things to say. :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe take it easy for now and let there be a lull in the communication for a bit but as your visit gets closer strike up the conversation again. When you are about a week out contact her again and remind her of your visit and ask if that grand tour will still be happening and if she says yes then tell her you'd like to also go for tea or coffee and see how she responds. If she's interested she'll go for tea or be very, very apologetic for why she can't and try to reschedule for another time. Since she is someone who you've known for a bit, and have flirted with, then at tea just go ahead and properly ask her out. If she 'works late', is 'busy' etc. then take the hint and leave it as a professional relationship but, hopefully, she'll say yes! Good Luck!
Maybe just find a time when she is free and say "how about that tea/drink?" And if all else fails bring it to her to show you are actually committed and say something like "I brought the drink to you"
Just get excited about your weekend, and then ask about hers.

Generic small talk to get it going again. Fact is, if you're running out of conversation this early, that's a bad sign
Original post by GingerJoe
I didn't really know where else to turn, so I went to random strangers on the Internet.

I've been talking to the girl that I like quite a bit. I actually asked her for a drink after work but she works late" I'm visiting her facility (we work for the same company) just in different location in a month or two. She said she would give me the grand tour of the facility and we could go for tea.

The conversation has sort of died a little bit and I can't really think of a way to get it going again?

Any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys still in touch?
Reply 7
Original post by Hopefully1
Maybe take it easy for now and let there be a lull in the communication for a bit but as your visit gets closer strike up the conversation again. When you are about a week out contact her again and remind her of your visit and ask if that grand tour will still be happening and if she says yes then tell her you'd like to also go for tea or coffee and see how she responds. If she's interested she'll go for tea or be very, very apologetic for why she can't and try to reschedule for another time. Since she is someone who you've known for a bit, and have flirted with, then at tea just go ahead and properly ask her out. If she 'works late', is 'busy' etc. then take the hint and leave it as a professional relationship but, hopefully, she'll say yes! Good Luck!

A grad week has now been organised for a fortnight before so I'll see if she'll like a drink then as she won't be working late.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Go for tea? Cute. Is she introverted? If not, you're deep in the friendzone, but hey ho. Share most recent convo for suggestions

She is a little actually. But very nice all the same. Most recent convo, I organised a charity exercise event. Talked about that and she said she was gutted she couldn't go, said the photos looked great. Monday must have been a killer (it was) and how she's moving house and asked me what I'm up to. - So just chit chat.
If you ask her out for tea let us know! I don't think only introverts would like going for tea. It is a good, casual first step. I really, really, hope this works out for you! Again, do let us know. BUT, IF it doesn't get back out there and find the next girl! You're going to be a great 'catch' for some girl!
Reply 9
Original post by Foo.mp3
Friendly, if quite friendzoney, but early days..

This is would be an opportunity for you to probe a little, and subtly/not so subtly communicate interest :innocent:

Any examples of a no so subtly interest comment?
Compliment her maybe? ☺️
Reply 11
Original post by Foo.mp3
"Oh aye? Who's the lucky man? :P"

I'll see if I can work that into the conversation.

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Compliment her maybe? ☺️

Of course. :smile:
Reply 12
Small update: We had a business week away with around 100 other staff.

Turns out she is even more shy than I thought. Can't really present in front of a crowd and was always surrounded by a few close friends. I have another meeting with her soon up north at her facility which will be more just us.

How do you ask a shy girl out? I only ask as everyone I have gone out with has asked me out.
Reply 13
Anyone?
Reply 14
Id thought that I'd give you all a update.

I did ask her out. She is seeing someone however. I think I missed the opportune moment by along time but I've learnt from that so there is a silver lining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Id thought that I'd give you all a update.

I did ask her out. She is seeing someone however. I think I missed the opportune moment by along time but I've learnt from that so there is a silver lining.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks when did she start seeing him? When you both were flirting you should have asked her out for drinks instead of waiting 3 months.
Reply 16
Original post by chikane
That sucks when did she start seeing him? When you both were flirting you should have asked her out for drinks instead of waiting 3 months.

I don't know, I would assume very recently. I agree, I should have. I in part left is so long as I wouldn't have be able to do it in person until this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by chikane

So it went down like this:

She was with a colleague who left, there were other managers about so I asked to talk to her, asked her out for dinner. She said but don't you live really far away. I replied yes, but I'm moving back up north soon. She said 'as friends' I replied no, and she said she is seeing someone. I said, ah no problem, he's a lucky guy and I'll see you soon. She said yeah, see you soon and I think she said "hmm, that's funny" as we went our separate directions.

But lesson learnt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So it went down like this:

She was with a colleague who left, there were other managers about so I asked to talk to her, asked her out for dinner. She said but don't you live really far away. I replied yes, but I'm moving back up north soon. She said 'as friends' I replied no, and she said she is seeing someone. I said, ah no problem, he's a lucky guy and I'll see you soon. She said yeah, see you soon and I think she said "hmm, that's funny" as we went our separate directions.

But lesson learnt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What she mean by 'thats funny'? You both live far away so i feel it wouldnt have worked even if you asked before. Atleast you built up your confidence when you ask the next girl out.
Reply 19
Well only 100 miles and soon less than 40 (by coincidence).

Not a clue, but there is probably no point in thinking about it. The moment passed in July when I should have asked. Just have to learn to move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending