The Student Room Group

What will your life be like in 2030?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
lol it's alright mate, I'm just being overly honest in typical fashion. There isn't really anything I want to do tbh. I dunno, maybe I'm overplaying it; I don't exactly give myself the chance to find out. That's basically the problem. But I have to sort **** out for myself; I think deep down I know that I should just try to do things, and most barriers are probably mental, or at least I have to think that way to get somewhere. But everyone on this thread even as young as like 15 or whatever has some kind of drive. I've lost most of that. I suppose it is an absolute self-esteem meltdown; there is absolutely nothing I believe I would succeed at and this makes deciding what I would like to do a futile exercise. Honestly, it is a little unfair of me to even live through my degree lol, sponging off the taxpayer and all that. But I sort of enjoy it and maybe in some magical way something could pick up one day.

Cool, sorry im not much help
I get what you're saying now
Maybe research some careers? Try new things, things should get better with time and experience, step our of your comfort zone and try your best to enjoy life.. Also try and think positively, think you are the best in the world.. That helps me sometimes.. Also maybe look for a relationship, that might make you feel better, if not just think positively honestly, thinking negatively has no benefits, I use to be like you, well kind of, but I was unmotivated, I just done some research and found what interests me.. Just don't lose hope and be happy. Spend time with family and loved ones, that's what matters most.. Just never give up please. It's not worth it man, life is good of you value it.. You are special and you should think so too.. If you're feeling down.. Take a break. Stop whatever you are doing and try and do something you enjoy.. Maybe go eat some pizza go out an enjoy nature..

Sorry If I'm no much help im jus trying to emphasize with you, I feel your pain Bro, just keep going!

Posted from TSR Mobile
if im still alive then i shall be most surprised
After August 18th i'll be living in the jungles of the Amazon... likely for the rest of my life
As I get ready to talk to some friends out in the open in the year 2046 I check the words I am allowed to use on the McInternet I step outside and walk to the local train station I head inside and ask the Nongendered person of colour at the office for a ticket to new Corbinia. she has a long stare at me and I hand over my privilege card She sighs as she reads White. Male. Straight. £60k earnings. I am charged with a high priv white male card and I head over to platform 2.

Lucky for me the train is here so I board the first door I see and I am immediately shouted at, Oh no I accidentally entered the Women carriage and screams of rape drown out my tears as I am pepper sprayed by the policeperson so I get off to the white male carriage and go on my journey.

While in new Cobinia I am ridiculed many times for being a white straight male and for also not having on my a Applebook. I feel hungry so I enter the nearest restaurant and order a steak. the waiter boos me and pours fake blood over xirself and reminds me of the cow I am killing and forces me out the restaurant.

Finally the next train arrives and I get on. all aboard to right wing nazitopia. as the train speeds off.

I arrive and I see my friends waiting for me. We have a good chat and I mention that my wife wants to go shoe shopping but I said no as this weekend I was at a conference. I quickly check behind me to see if any pcpolice are arround then I remember where I am Right wing nazitopia.

I go to the local steak house and we have a quick chat with the chef, He told us about how he gets 18million a year in reperations for being black from white people and gave us a little bit and we used it to get back home to Nu-topia When we arrive home I decide I want to watch something so I go to the local adult movie store and ask for a copy of I-robot He lists off the potential triggers and then he Gasps and pulls a bat from under his desk.
YOU KNOW A BLACK MAN DIES IN THIS MOVIE. Uh yeah
THATS IT IM DONE WITH NAZIS LIKE YOU
He clubs me round the head and I blank out.

I wake up and have been cited with a Prison sentence For inciting hatred. The prison guard searches through my Non apple device and Is shocked to see songs such as Evil woman and its a mans world on it so I am banned from entering Nu-topia and my kid is forced into adoption by a nice transexual xir Wolfkin parents and I never see him again
Original post by Captain Jack
14 years away, but that'll soon be upon us. How old will you be? What do you hope to be doing? And what do you think the world will be like then?!

Assuming we haven't nuked ourselves into oblivion by then and Islam hasn't taken over the liberal democracies and killed all non believers. I hope to be with a beautiful woman, that loves me and a few kids running around in the garden, playing with our dog.
Reply 45
Original post by AperfectBalance
---

veritably prophetic
lol it's alright mate, I'm just being overly honest in typical fashion. There isn't really anything I want to do tbh. I dunno, maybe I'm overplaying it; I don't exactly give myself the chance to find out. That's basically the problem. But I have to sort **** out for myself; I think deep down I know that I should just try to do things, and most barriers are probably mental, or at least I have to think that way to get somewhere. But everyone on this thread even as young as like 15 or whatever has some kind of drive. I've lost most of that. I suppose it is an absolute self-esteem meltdown; there is absolutely nothing I believe I would succeed at and this makes deciding what I would like to do a futile exercise. Honestly, it is a little unfair of me to even live through my degree lol, sponging off the taxpayer and all that. But I sort of enjoy it and maybe in some magical way something could pick up one day.

I understand how you feel. Feeling contempt is one of the worst feelings in my opinion, Not bad enough to make you want to get out of it and not good enough you want to stay there.
Hopefully I will be an owner of a major business by then. :u:
I'll be 30 and hopefully will have passed my maths gcse by then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have literally no idea what my life will be like, and that's the way I like it.
I'd be 35 & 6 feet under 👏
I'll be 41 and have recently contested my second parliamentary seat, winning with a majority of around 5000 or so which i turn into a 30,000 majority over time. Life will be good, the future wife will have spat out my 3 children and they'll be educated in one of May's newer grammar schools while receiving private tuition afterwards. Financially i'll have been in management for 9 years or so, the salary will be pretty comfortable and by then i'll be beating average with a good performing investment portfolio. Upto now notable events in my life will have included being elected in consecutive elections as a Councillor, a couple of promotions at work and i'll have bought property completing my rise from the underclass to the middle classes.

All in all i'm optimistic about myself, the only future pessimism comes from the threats of Russia and ISIS. War with Islam could be inevitable by 2030 as the west leaves the Middle East and ISIS spreads like a plague to form a functional state. God knows what will have happened to the refugees in Europe by then as attitudes go increasingly 1930's to them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
As I get ready to talk to some friends out in the open in the year 2046 I check the words I am allowed to use on the McInternet I step outside and walk to the local train station I head inside and ask the Nongendered person of colour at the office for a ticket to new Corbinia. she has a long stare at me and I hand over my privilege card She sighs as she reads White. Male. Straight. £60k earnings. I am charged with a high priv white male card and I head over to platform 2.

Lucky for me the train is here so I board the first door I see and I am immediately shouted at, Oh no I accidentally entered the Women carriage and screams of rape drown out my tears as I am pepper sprayed by the policeperson so I get off to the white male carriage and go on my journey.

While in new Cobinia I am ridiculed many times for being a white straight male and for also not having on my a Applebook. I feel hungry so I enter the nearest restaurant and order a steak. the waiter boos me and pours fake blood over xirself and reminds me of the cow I am killing and forces me out the restaurant.

Finally the next train arrives and I get on. all aboard to right wing nazitopia. as the train speeds off.

I arrive and I see my friends waiting for me. We have a good chat and I mention that my wife wants to go shoe shopping but I said no as this weekend I was at a conference. I quickly check behind me to see if any pcpolice are arround then I remember where I am Right wing nazitopia.

I go to the local steak house and we have a quick chat with the chef, He told us about how he gets 18million a year in reperations for being black from white people and gave us a little bit and we used it to get back home to Nu-topia When we arrive home I decide I want to watch something so I go to the local adult movie store and ask for a copy of I-robot He lists off the potential triggers and then he Gasps and pulls a bat from under his desk.
YOU KNOW A BLACK MAN DIES IN THIS MOVIE. Uh yeah
THATS IT IM DONE WITH NAZIS LIKE YOU
He clubs me round the head and I blank out.

I wake up and have been cited with a Prison sentence For inciting hatred. The prison guard searches through my Non apple device and Is shocked to see songs such as Evil woman and its a mans world on it so I am banned from entering Nu-topia and my kid is forced into adoption by a nice transexual xir Wolfkin parents and I never see him again

That was so funny. PROSM.

Reading the entire thread your biggest problem by far is a lack of self belief followed by a lack of initiative (probably stemming from the lack of self belief).

To put it politely you need to be a man, suck it up and get applying to all those retail and bar jobs and then when you fail the first interview or two you then need to suck it up, learn from the experience and apply again.
Original post by Captain Jack
14 years away, but that'll soon be upon us. How old will you be? What do you hope to be doing? And what do you think the world will be like then?!

Either

1. Good job, family, nice house.

Or

2. Working at McDonalds, alone, living on the streets.

All depends on what happens next Thursday.

Spoiler

on benefits.
Living abroad with my hubby and babies

Nice job I'm passionate about

I'd like to set up a charity or NGO**for certain causes*
Reply 56
Original post by Platopus
Either

1. Good job, family, nice house.

Or

2. Working at McDonalds, alone, living on the streets.

All depends on what happens next Thursday.

Spoiler

Good Luck my dude/madam! You'll ace it! :biggrin:

I'll be 30, hopefully married, happy and preferably not dead... a career wouldn't go amiss either
Original post by umar39
Good Luck my dude/madam! You'll ace it! :biggrin:

Thanks but unfortunately this madam knows she has not :frown:
Oh my gosh, I'll be 29. I want to be financially independent, married hopefully, happy and healthy. I want to be a solicitor in London with a cute mews house in Kensington and Chelsea (a girl can dream!) and I really want a white Mini Cooper!
I'll be 31 then :colonhash:

The world will probably be even worse than it is now if things carry on at this rate.

As for me - I think I'm hoping for a stress free lifestyle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest