The Student Room Group

RG or Golden Triangle

I've seen tons of posts praising RGs for being better than non-RGs but what about Golden Triangles?

They seem waaaay better on average offering far more jobs, starting salaries and prestige. I don't know why KCL is up there tho.

What do you think? Should we abolish RGs because there is already a better grouping with far better universities?
RG is a self-selected group of research intensive universities so nobody but the RG can abolish it. If you mean should applicants put greater weight on universities in the informal golden triangle group then that depends on what you are looking for and whether a university's research income is a deal breaker for your career path.
Never even heard of Golden Triangle.
Original post by Confusedschubert
I've seen tons of posts praising RGs for being better than non-RGs but what about Golden Triangles?

They seem waaaay better on average offering far more jobs, starting salaries and prestige. I don't know why KCL is up there tho.

What do you think? Should we abolish RGs because there is already a better grouping with far better universities?

Degrees (and the institutions that confer them) don't offer jobs and salaries, employers do.

I don't get the point of this thread?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Confusedschubert

The reason is RG is established and formal while Golden Triangle is just an informal term and because its based on location, it isn't really representative of the best universities in the UK.

Also, the Golden Triangle is the best for those interested in business related careers especially those in London, but for many other careers its not necessarily the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending