The Student Room Group

Which Olympic event do you enjoy watching the most?

For those of you who have been watching the Olympics so far, or have watched in previous years, what event do you enjoy watching the most?

And if you could go and see an event live, would it be the same one? Why/why not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
For those of you who have been watching the Olympics so far, or have watched in previous years, what event do you enjoy watching the most?

And if you could go and see an event live, would it be the same one? Why/why not?

The walking race. Funny as hell
Reply 2
Obviously the footy-ball.

Weightlifting, Boxing, Archery, and Mountain Bike Cycling are also easy to get into and fun to watch.

Everything else is boring. :ahee:

*I ALSO LIKE FEMALE BEACH VOLLEYBALL FOR OBVIOUS REASONS
(edited 7 years ago)
Been following the swimming when I could (was on holiday) , also very interested in how the basketball is going to go.**
I quite like the gymnastics as it's not something I'd watch any other time and I find it interesting, especially after a little bit when I get used to what to look for and things. The diving too. If I went to watch something it would probably be something like swimming or athletics though, the atmosphere would just be amazing.
Reply 5
gymnastics especially the women's as some of the moves they do are insane
Gymnastics, Athletics, Cycling, Swimming, Boxing, Weightlifting, Fencing

I find things such as gymnastics and weightlifting impressive to watch, those that involve racing exciting to watch, and boxing and fencing just quite fun in general.
Fencing just looks like grown men play fighting with swords. :lol:

Quite enjoying the athletics, cycling and gymnastics.
I actually like the winter olympics more. I love watching figure skating & hockey. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite a lot, like one of the people said above:
Gymnastics, Athletics, Cycling, Swimming, Weightlifting, Canoe Slalom, Water Polo and Diving.

I enjoy most of the events in particular Athletics (my fave because I am also a runner (400m and 800m))
Usain Bolt... the fastest man in the world. He's the reason why I mostly watch the Olympics. 6 x world champion (I think) He set a record of 9.58 secs for 100m back in 2009 in Berlin! USA's Justin Gatlin want to beat him so bad but it just seems impossible unless bolt retires. He may be able to surpass Bolt's record time without Bolt on the track. But with Bolt on the track... I guess he will never be able to defeat Bolt racing with him. Bolt is going for the treble-treble today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swimming - Phelps is Phenomenal to watch (26 medals and 22 of them gold) This is his 5th Olympics and he will retire soon (next yr :frown: ) He got 4 medals at Rio so far 3 gold and 1 silver. He's won the 200m individual medley event for 4 in a row now. He first won it in Athens 2004.

I also watch gymnastics - my all time fave gymnast = Larisa Latynina (she's 81 now)
Cycling, Boxing, Football. Did you guys see Germany score 10 - 0 to Fiji. That was such an easy match. I don't even know how Fiji even qualified :colonhash:

If I could go and see a live event it would be Athletics :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Track cycling! :love: Swimming and Gymnastics too though! Athletics is overrated imho.
Summer: Fencing - It's the closest to sword fighting

Winter: Biathlon - it's skiing and shooting in one sport
Reply 13
Women's gymnastics, especially the floor.
Reply 14
MAG, swimming or track cycling from what I've seen so far but the Tarkwondo hasn't started yet and it's my sport so that too

100m final. Go Bolt!!!
Reply 16
Athletics, particularly running, and gymnastics mainly.
Athletics, running
100m men etc
Reply 18
Athletics and basketball mostly. This year rugby was quite interesting (Fiji were so damn awesome during the finals).

Edit: and also handball and volleyball
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by kkboyk
Athletics and basketball mostly. This year rugby was quite interesting (Fiji were so damn awesome during the finals).

The rugby sevens final was as one sided final as I've ever seen!

Quick Reply

Latest