The Student Room Group

Banning the burkini is misogynist

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200

Today, a 62yo Jewish man who wore a kippa was stabbed by a guy shouting "Allah akbar". As you can guess, he has psychological problems. It appears that he already assaulted another Jewish man 6 years ago.
http://lemonde.fr/societe/article/2016/08/19/un-juif-blesse-au-couteau-a-strasbourg_4985029_3224.html
I'm against the burkini ban but it's not misogynist. It does not come out of a desire to hate women the intentions if anything are the opposite and intentions matter.

If there was a burkini ban here I'd organise a mass burkini protest just to show how stupid it was
Original post by I am 1/Cos(C)
If a Muslim woman has chosen to wear the burkini, it is surely misogynistic to remove that right from her.

Well men aren't allowed to wear them either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skeptical_john
I'm against the burkini ban but it's not misogynist. It does not come out of a desire to hate women the intentions if anything are the opposite and intentions matter.

If there was a burkini ban here I'd organise a mass burkini protest just to show how stupid it was

Well I think those Sharia Arab countries enforcing clothing laws on westerners is equally stupid

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending