The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Font Format and Size (Super tip!)

Hello everyone!

To those of you who are applying to university this year, make sure you follow these steps when writing your personal statement:

1) Use the following font when writing your personal statement on Microsoft Word (I am using the 2010 version in case you're wondering):

Font Name: Consolas

Font size: 9.5

This font exactly matches the one on the UCAS bit where you have to paste your personal statement.

2) Make sure you customize the margins on your Microsoft Document into the following sizes: (see attached picture)

You can see how both texts look exactly the same on one of the pictures i have attached (the text on the blue box is from the UCAS website and the text on the green box is the one in the word document using the font i detailed previously).

These steps will hopefully help to match the number of lines of your personal statement on the word document with the one on the UCAS website so you don't end up editing your personal statement in the last minute.

I hope this trick helps you and good luck with your personal statement!

Peace out!
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

I thought i posted it in the right place XD. I'll make sure i post it in the subject forum too. Thanks Jessica and Fox = D
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aabdelwahab1
Hello everyone!

To those of you who are applying to university this year, make sure you follow these steps when writing your personal statement:

1) Use the following font when writing your personal statement on Microsoft Word (I am using the 2010 version in case you're wondering):

Font Name: Consolas

Font size: 9.5

This font exactly matches the one on the UCAS bit where you have to paste your personal statement.

2) Make sure you customize the margins on your Microsoft Document into the following sizes: (see attached pictures)

You can see how both texts look exactly the same on one of the pictures i have attached (the text on the blue box is from the UCAS website and the text on the green box is the one in the word document using the font i detailed previously).

These steps will hopefully help to match the number of lines of your personal statement on the word document with the one on the UCAS website so you don't end up editing your personal statement in the last minute.

I hope this trick helps you and good luck with your personal statement!

Peace out!

Why do you keep re-posting this?
Original post by PQ
Why do you keep re-posting this?

I wanted to move the thread to the A-Levels forum but ended up accidentally reposting it there and I couldn't figure out how to remove it from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending