The Student Room Group

Waiting for new entitlement letter

I received a letter from Student Finance over 2 weeks ago now saying that I'm eligible for the loan for my first year of uni. As of current, the letter said I would be paid the bare minimum until they would reassess my application based off household income (my parents are divorced, we have 1 income, my mum has sent off confirmation of salary and proof of divorce which have been received by SF) and yet I have still had nothing back.

In less than a week's time, I'll be applying for accommodation at my university after results day... but until I know the full amount of finance and loan I will be paid, I'm worried that I could apply for accommodation and then not get paid enough to make the payments to stay on campus.

Anyone know how long until I would be given the new entitlement letter? Or when my online account will be updated with the new amount? I have checked online and I have no further requirements to fulfil in my application.
Problem resolved, I called SFE helpline and they admit they had not processed the full evidence so application is now being reassessed and the new loan will be available on day of applying to accommodation! Left any sooner and I would've been in a pickle. Sometimes it's best to take matters into your own hands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending