Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i need ID asap

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm 18 years old and need ID for a results day party, so that's 5 days away, and need ID to get in. Ive heard a provisional drivers license is the best form of ID, but apparently sometimes it takes 2 weeks or more to arrive. Anyone know of any form of ID that bars/clubs take, that can arrive by post quickly?
    I'm aware I could use my passport but that's only a last resort

    Sorry to say, but you'll probably have to use your passport - it's better than nothing. I don't think any other ID will come within 5 days, but I might be wrong. No harm in getting a provisional for the future though

    5 days? Passport it is.

    You can do an urgent application for a Citizen Card, which takes 2 working days so should arrive in time. It's expensive though and not all places do accept them
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.