The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm planning to apply for medicine. In which medical schools do you think I stand a chance of getting into?
I have achieved A2 grades of A*AAA.
PLEASE HELP. Thanks a tonne.
Original post by serztonin
I'm planning to apply for medicine. In which medical schools do you think I stand a chance of getting into?

There is more to getting in than grades. Also, you could just use Google, there's no need to humblebrag on here.

None - they won't even look at you as you have rubbish grades :tongue:

Probably all medical schools except Oxbridge I guess. But don't let anyone stop where you want to apply from

An application to medicine requires more than just A2 grades sadly. Your GCSEs, work experience/voluntary work profile as well as your activities outside of academia will be looked at, as will any admissions tests you take (ukcat or bmat).

My advice is get your profile together and have a look around online and where will and where wont accept your grades. To be able to give you any hints as to where to avoid or where to have a look at further I would need to know more about you.

Original post by Optimistsan98
Probably all medical schools except Oxbridge I guess. But don't let anyone stop where you want to apply from

Nobody can stop you from applying to any medical school you want, but because medicine is so competative I would never advise anyone to apply to somewhere where they are unlikely to gain an interview, because its a waste of an application. You need to choose medical schools where your credentials stand out. Its ok saying apply anywhere you want, but make sure you air on the side of caution and rule out medical schools which are just going to reject you because its a waste of time applying to them (even if you love them so much).

Good morning :smile:
As mentioned above, you need to have a lot of other things under your belt as well as great A level grades :smile: .

Have you done some work experience?

Have you sat your UKCAT exam yet?

Check out our Medical School comparison tool. It's got all the entrance requirements for every UK Medical School, plus how they use either the UKCAT or BMAT.

Hope this helps,
The Medic Portal