The Student Room Group

Women in miniskirts don't become suicide bombers...

... according to the Kyrgyzstan president.

Kyrgyzstan president: 'Women in mini skirts don't become suicide bombers' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36846249

A point of interest from the article:
" Speaking at a press conference last week, President Atambayev also attacked those in his country, where 80% of the population is Muslim, who are critical of women who wear more revealing outfits."

This is why I think there has been so much criticism of late surrounding religious dress... The people who defend wearing religious clothing often resort to attacking women who wear clothes that show off more of their body as though this is somehow morally worse. It's an interesting point to pick out anyway, as it is usually ignored in the debates..

Gotta say kudos to the guy for not pandering to the PC nonsense surrounding religious garments of late and for promoting his country's historic culture ^^

Thoughts?
Original post by 1010marina
... according to the Kyrgyzstan president.

Kyrgyzstan president: 'Women in mini skirts don't become suicide bombers' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36846249

A point of interest from the article:
" Speaking at a press conference last week, President Atambayev also attacked those in his country, where 80% of the population is Muslim, who are critical of women who wear more revealing outfits."

This is why I think there has been so much criticism of late surrounding religious dress... The people who defend wearing religious clothing often resort to attacking women who wear clothes that show off more of their body as though this is somehow morally worse. It's an interesting point to pick out anyway, as it is usually ignored in the debates..

Gotta say kudos to the guy for not pandering to the PC nonsense surrounding religious garments of late and for promoting his country's historic culture ^^

Thoughts?

Not really. In the recent thread regarding the burkini ban, most people criticising it didn't result to attacking women who wear revealing clothes. I sometimes wear clothes that would be considered revealing, but I also strongly condemn the ban.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending