The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

New International Student,

Hi there everyone,
I am international student coming from Morocco, and frankly I'm stressing a bit about flying to a new country and be all by myself facing the cruel world haha !
The University's staff has been really supportive through all the application process, responding to all my emails and telling me litteralynot to freak out :smile:
I still a few issues, I will be studying the MBA ccourse atthe queen's park campus, when I looked it up on the map, it seemed far from almost all accommodations locations, and this is worrying me a bit ( even though, I haven't been assigned an accomodation yet)
Can you guys tell me if the road from the campus tu city center is secure and very frequented (there's a park I have to cross)
Also,does the university offers english courses ? I did all my studies in french and I am afraid I won't be able to follow up.
and please if there's anyone taking the MBA course any advice or amy information you can give is welcomed.
sorry for the long post and for any typos or grammar mistakes :smile:
Hello,

I recently finished a degree at the Queens Park Campus, its just over a mile from the main Parkgate Road Campus. The route through the town centre is safe and frequently used, you can avoid Grosvenor Park if you want too, there are many routes too take, but you definitely shouldn't be worried about it :smile:

If you want to avoid walking, the University have a bus that takes students directly to Queens Park Campus;
Parkgate Campus to Queens Park Campus 1 mini bus leaving Parkgate Campus at 08:15, arriving at Queens Park Campus at 09:00 1 coach leaving Parkgate Campus at 13:00, arriving at Queens Park Campus at 13:30 Queen’s Park Campus to Parkgate Campus 1 coach leaving Queens Park Campus at 17:30, arriving at Parkgate Campus 18:00What kind of English courses are you looking for?
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Hello,

I am a student currently studying at Queen's Park Campus. I walk from the train station to the campus via the park, this is a well used path and there are a number of other students walking this way at all hours through the day.
The walk between main campus and Queen's park via city centre is very safe and secure, as this is used by lots of students every day.

Here's the MBA Course on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8517612, hopefully a current student should be able to give you some advice.
The University offers English courses for international students :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by chrisbee16
Hello,

I recently finished a degree at the Queens Park Campus, its just over a mile from the main Parkgate Road Campus. The route through the town centre is safe and frequently used, you can avoid Grosvenor Park if you want too, there are many routes too take, but you definitely shouldn't be worried about it :smile:

If you want to avoid walking, the University have a bus that takes students directly to Queens Park Campus;
Parkgate Campus to Queens Park Campus 1 mini bus leaving Parkgate Campus at 08:15, arriving at Queens Park Campus at 09:00 1 coach leaving Parkgate Campus at 13:00, arriving at Queens Park Campus at 13:30 Queen’s Park Campus to Parkgate Campus 1 coach leaving Queens Park Campus at 17:30, arriving at Parkgate Campus 18:00What kind of English courses are you looking for?

Thank's a lot for your reply !
I was thinking of courses to improve my English. I'm not sure if the Uni offers the possibility for international students to take English lessons in parallel with their courses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karimaEl
Thank's a lot for your reply !
I was thinking of courses to improve my English. I'm not sure if the Uni offers the possibility for international students to take English lessons in parallel with their courses

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: the University offers free english language sessions to international students

https://www.chester.ac.uk/international/study/in-english

You can find out more about it there!Don't worry about walking through the park, I walk through it to get to my lectures at the Riverside campus and it is safe. The Queens Park campus is very nice, the interior is beautiful! You'll enjoy your course there I'm sure :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending