Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Needy clingy guy

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

(Original post by DanielleT192)
    All you have to do is tell him that you're not interested in him in that way and you don't want to be in a relationship with him. Do/say it in the nicest way you can if you want to spear his feelings.

Also OP, you've only spoke assuming online for a month and he's already getting clingy and jealous. Don't feel bad or feel that there's not going to be other guys that are interested in you. There'll be plenty of other guys.
    You're right, thank you

(Original post by Effie14)
    You've only been talking for a month, and yet he's already completely obsessed with you and knowing where you are and how you are etc.To be honest, he would bring down your uni experience because he'd constantly be bothering you if the last month is anything to go by. As you said, you haven't even met him. If I were you I'd tell him to Foxtrot Oscar, but I suppose you're more polite than me
    Don't allow his manipulative behaviour to persuade you into being with him. You clearly don't like him the way he wishes you did, and if you got with him he'd just become more manipulative and controlling. Refuse him and get on with a much happier life!
    Thank you for your help x

(Original post by ~Tara~)
    Forget friendzone, block and remove contact. He's not behaving in a healthy or particularly safe way.

It sounds like he wouldn't react well to no contact so if that is the case, you can forget "sparing his feelings". You can be firm and say no. You're not responsible for the feelings of other people especially people that make you uncomfortable.

Also, if you're in the head space where you would trade your personal freedom ( which is what happens in a controlling relationship) so that you're not alone, I would suggest seeking therapy or doing some form of personal analysis and discovery. 1. I doubt you'll be alone forever so you don't need to sacrifice yourself to the first guy to show an interest. 2. You are worth more than that
    Thank you, and no I wouldn't trade my personal freedom and he's not the first guy to show an interest.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't like him as much as he likes me I don't catch feelings within like a week. And yeah it's not I think I'll find someone better in uni I just don't want to start something a month before uni and I don't want to rush into anything. Thanks for you help X
    Have u kissed him ?

**** boy

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Have u kissed him ?

Ok I blocked him but now keeps ringing on no caller ID help!!!

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    I'd cut contact completely personally.
    I have but he keeps phoning on no caller ID help I'm scared
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.