The Student Room Group

asylum seekers and refugees

hi. i have an essay to do on the following queston, "analyse the responsiveness of the legal system in achieving justice for asylum seekers and refugees"
i have to discuss the legal and non legal mechanisms.
what are these?
i am completely lost
if someone has any other extra tips, that would be great
please, please, please!
can someone pls help me asap?
thankyou
Original post by roserox
hi. i have an essay to do on the following queston, "analyse the responsiveness of the legal system in achieving justice for asylum seekers and refugees"
i have to discuss the legal and non legal mechanisms.
what are these?
i am completely lost
if someone has any other extra tips, that would be great
please, please, please!
can someone pls help me asap?
thankyou

Legally, technically you can only apply for asylum/refugee status in the first safe country you arrive in. After that you're a migrant.

Also, define what you mean as "justice", as that can be interpreted in different ways depending on the person. Then argue from that point.

Hope that helps
Reply 2
hey thankyou so much!!
Original post by roserox
hey thankyou so much!!

No problem

Just suggestions. I'd check the legal detail though just in case there are small details that can impact on applying for asylum etc

Is it for A level or uni etc?
Reply 4
its for school
Original post by roserox
its for school

Ah okay cool!

Still look at the legality of asylum claims vs maybe our moral obligations?

And as said define what you under and as justice for them.

I can always check stuff over if you want.
Reply 6
this essay is due tomorrow and i havent even started yet. i want to structure my paragraphs and know what im going to talk about in each paragraph. thats where im lost at.
any suggestions?
Original post by roserox
this essay is due tomorrow and i havent even started yet. i want to structure my paragraphs and know what im going to talk about in each paragraph. thats where im lost at.
any suggestions?

Leave the intro till last

think of 3 points you want to make - one or two long paragraphs each

write the limitations of your points, or counterpoints to them

Conclusion.

Go back and write the intro basically just outlining what you've just written
Reply 8
it says that i must talk about legal and non legal measures and the different perspectives on the issue.
Original post by roserox
any suggestions?

Ah okay!

Hmmm

P1: introduce the topic. I'd say focus on rn current refugee crisis and how it's been caused. I.e - Isis and the problems that's caused.

P2: start to discuss what the law is in regards to refugees legally and maybe what our moral obligation is. Compare his to what has act silly happened. Eg - What Germany has done legally and morally etc. I'd say also discuss the geolocation Italy and Greece. Plus, if the actions of Turkey have done esp since the attempted coup.

P3: is this justice? If so why or why not?

P4: conclude

Obviously, more than 4 paragraphs would be needed but I think that's and okay scripture.
Reply 10
is the refugee and humanitarian program a legal mechanism?
im so confused with the mechanisms
Reply 11
i was planning on focusing more on boat arrivals and the controversy there....
Original post by roserox
i was planning on focusing more on boat arrivals and the controversy there....

That's fine too! Not to sure about the Legal mechanisms ins and outs though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending