The Student Room Group

Your opinion on Feminism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AperfectBalance
I'm a Left wing student look how I am destroying the patriarchy and being progressive, Sorry one moment gotta go rant about white people again, might drown myself in goat blood.

But he had a point. Campus feminism is a very bad thing at the moment and needs to be put down.

Except I'm not left wing...
It's certainly deemed cool to describe yourself as an anti feminist and constantly go on about how 'men can't be men anymore'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bornblue
Except I'm not left wing...
It's certainly deemed cool to describe yourself as an anti feminist and constantly go on about how 'men can't be men anymore'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Instead of cool you mean Correct. Anti feminism is good as the feminism being preached on campus today is harmful and many times wrong.
So before you label every anti feminist as a fedora wearing edgy vaping atheist you might want to actually look at what modern feminism is doing
Feminism is a joke the issues these women fight for,..... Their "Issues" are mostly irrelevant in society they live in and not necessary. I don't see why they can't just focus on real life issues such as inequality in 3rd world countries rather than argue about terminologies given to places, objects and things. Feminism is just as bad as The Fat Acceptance Movement......
it's literally a modern day hate movement against men. feminism is the ideology which isn't about making women equality to men, it's about perpetual victimhood in an oppression olympics. even when women today have more legal rights than men, they *STILL* shockingly think women are oppressed. they merely strive to interpret the western world as against the interests of women because it gives them something to whine about each day.

think I'm wrong? let's analyse the feminist new-speak:

"patriarchy" = male oppression. aka "men" are oppressing women. what are they doing to oppress women in 2016? simply existing, or sometimes out-performing women in an environment of equality of opportunity.
"rape culture" = men are seen as rapists even merely for complimenting women, or having sex with a woman that's tipsy. they say that 1 in 5 college women are sexually assaulted or raped, but this is statistically on par with the congo...
"objectification" = men are pigs for looking at a woman as aesthetically attractive, because she has an invisible personality that they MUST equally acknowledge before even meeting her. also, women are never accused of objectifying men even though arguably they do it even more than men do, as they are statistically more likely to be pickier than men about the looks of their partner.
"the wage gap" = men typically do better than women in terms of overall aggregated earnings because they live different kinds of life styles and hence put more emphasis, generally, on work than women generally do. but this isn't women's fault. somehow it's men's fault and that this is because of discrimination. it reminds me of the black lives matter movement and the people who claim that blacks do worse than whites because of discrimination (in 2016) while the rate of blacks not graduating high school parallel to other races is much higher.
"sex positivity" = the ability of women to be open and proactive about sex, which runs in parallel to the rape culture and objectification doctrines. makes so much sense, doesn't it? this leads to contradicting movements like "ban page 3" and "slutwalk"...
(edited 7 years ago)
'I'm a right wing student, look how cool, edgy and independent I am'

You'll understand when you grow up a bit :console:
Original post by sleepysnooze
it's literally a modern day hate movement against men. feminism is the ideology which isn't about making women equality to men, it's about perpetual victimhood in an oppression olympics. even when women today have more legal rights than men, they *STILL* shockingly think women are oppressed. they merely strive to interpret the western world as against the interests of women because it gives them something to whine about each day.

think I'm wrong? let's analyse the feminist new-speak:

"patriarchy" = male oppression. aka "men" are oppressing women. what are they doing to oppress women in 2016? simply existing, or sometimes out-performing women in an environment of equality of opportunity.
"rape culture" = men are seen as rapists even merely for complimenting women, or having sex with a woman that's tipsy. they say that 1 in 5 college women are sexually assaulted or raped, but this is statistically on par with the congo...
"objectification" = men are pigs for looking at a woman as aesthetically attractive, because she has an invisible personality that they MUST equally acknowledge before even meeting her. also, women are never accused of objectifying men even though arguably they do it even more than men do, as they are statistically more likely to be pickier than men about the looks of their partner.
"the wage gap" = men typically do better than women in terms of overall aggregated earnings because they live different kinds of life styles and hence put more emphasis, generally, on work than women generally do. but this isn't women's fault. somehow it's men's fault and that this is because of discrimination. it reminds me of the black lives matter movement and the people who claim that blacks do worse than whites because of discrimination (in 2016) while the rate of blacks not graduating high school parallel to other races is much higher.
"sex positivity" = the ability of women to be open and proactive about sex, which runs in parallel to the rape culture and objectification doctrines. makes so much sense, doesn't it? this leads to contradicting movements like "ban page 3" and "slutwalk"...

The problem is cultural Marxism I think. Intersectional feminism extends this not only to women but to any group they deem "oppressed", ethnic minorities, LGBT, Muslims, the disabled, etc. Though I think abolishing a class structure is a pretty much impossible goal, regular Marxism at least has a point, as there are glaring inequalities that exist in terms of wealth and social class. Cultural Marxism tries to apply this to socioethnic groups and fails miserably. Class literally describes how privileged you are, and they think that your race/religion/gender can directly do this as well, which is simply absurd and unfounded. This is how you get sons of multi-millionaires attending world leading universities and shouting "we have nothing to lose but our chains!" simply because they are black...it's absurd.
feminism for helping women to have equal rights to drive and vote (in some countris still not allowed) this is feminism.
feminazism takes away from real issues such as the bs #freethenipple movement etc
I hate how feminists constantly spout out broken studies and statistics as if they're fact in order to justify their movement (and absurd actions). Like the 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted whilst at university, and the gender pay gap study. Both have been debunked soooo many times but they cling on to them as if they're fact.
Original post by BriStewart
Hi, I am writing an EPQ on modern feminism and would really appreciate it if you had the time to fill out my survey. It's only 10 questions long. Your answers will remain anonymous. Thankyou so much!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/BYRBND5

have done your, mine questionnaire is also related to male and female in family business, could your please give your opinion as well.
http://wj.qq.com/s/693046/01fd

many thanks
It's 'cool' and 'edgy' to hate feminism. Yes some feminists are annoying, but a great deal have advanced women's welfare, rights and status significantly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it the other way round?. Young girls think its cool and unique to have misandrist slogans on t-shirts, mugs and accessories. Just go to etsy and type in "male tears" and see for yourself.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
You'll understand when you grow up a bit :console:

I believe we're the same age. I just find it annoying how people are desparate to be all cool, different and contrarian by being a right wing student.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Eigo-Jin
Isn't it the other way round?. Young girls think its cool and unique to have misandrist slogans on t-shirts, mugs and accessories. Just go to etsy and type in "male tears" and see for yourself.

'anti feminists' seem to think they're being all cool, edgy and alternative, especially if they're young.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe we're the same age. I just find it annoying how people are desparate to be all cool, different and contrarian by being a right wing student.

Oh, yeah, you're right, I actually base my entire world view around how impressed random internet people will be with things I say under a pseudonym. Thank you for the insights -- you've really woken me up.

I assume you won't feel the need to keep using the same response, now we've established this.

Incidentally we're probably not the same age. I finished my undergraduate degree in 2014.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Oh, yeah, you're right, I actually base my entire world view around how impressed random internet people will be with things I say under a pseudonym. Thank you for the insights -- you've really woken me up.

I assume you won't feel the need to keep using the same response, now we've established this.

Incidentally we're probably not the same age. I finished my undergraduate degree in 2014.

More the fact that it's now apparently cool and edgy to be young, really right wing and obsessed with Milo Yiannopoulos. Its as annoying as the sjws.

Posted from TSR Mobile
More the fact that it's now apparently cool and edgy to be young, really right wing and obsessed with Milo Yiannopoulos. Its as annoying as the sjws.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He just has such nice hair :daydreaming:
Reply 115
Some feminist are brainwashing younger people by saying women are oppressed by men. Men do not get up in the morning and think how whey can degrade women. Feminists are also saying only women have problems and women must make statements to men. Feminists make false statements and say offensive stuff to people and then wonder why people are against them. Men do not prefer masculine women. Feminists say women need to be more masculine and then say men can't behave like a women. Feminists want to get rid of gender roles but they do not realise that more than 99% of the population prefer to have gender roles. Everyone must follow feminism standards. Many women would rather look after the kids. Feminists saying women need to be more masculine and it is men's fault for making women feminam despite women being born that way. I feel sorry for women who have these negative thoughts going through their head. Feminists say men treat women badly by having a women model in the news paper but most magazines are for women and all of those magazines for women have naked men in. If women want a job then get one. We do not want to listen to your winging in public, TV, and media.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is still a place and a need for feminism whilst women are paid less than men in general, too many have lesser treatment at work, and there are such things as VAT on sanitary products. This should not be about men-hating but getting a better society where everyone is valued.
Original post by barnetlad
There is still a place and a need for feminism whilst women are paid less than men in general, too many have lesser treatment at work, and there are such things as VAT on sanitary products. This should not be about men-hating but getting a better society where everyone is valued.

They are paid less because of personal choice, working hours, field of study and the jobs they take.
I support gender equality. So if I'm a feminist then by default I guess I'm a masculinist as well. I think women have their own issues like objectification, slut shaming & career but men do as well which should be equally highlighted & worked on as well. I appreciate feminist views as long as they're not extreme & still respect men also acknowledge our own issues that we have in society :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending