The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I changed a few weeks back from Economics and Politics to Economics with Econometrics. I emailed SOBE (School of Business and Economics) who run both of the courses asking about how I would have to go about doing it, whether or not to wait until I was actually at the University etc. I also made it pretty clear that I was near enough 100% sure and intent upon changing. They just passed my case on to the Admissions Team and I received a response from admissions about an hour after my email telling me that my course had been changed. I sent a second email clarifying whether or not the offer had changed and it had remained the same. Within a week UCAS updated with the new course. Very easy, just need to find a few bits of information such as UCAS ID, write an email stating what you wanna do including all your IDs then wait for them to respond.

It is SOBE's policy I believe (from reading up on the matter prior to emailing them) to facilitate students with the ability to change up until the beginning of the second year. How your department would deal with you, particularly if it means changing departments, might vary from that.

If you want to see the email I sent to SOBE feel free to PM me, then I'll send it to you.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
It should be pretty easy since the degrees are so similar, as long as Education still has places. I'd try and sort it out now rather than before you get there because it will probably be less hassle.
Reply 3
it would be a pain in the ass having to stand in line and register for a degree you dont want to do, in addition to missing the introductory lectures etc of the degree you do want to do. change asap if you can. trust me, exeter admin can really be slow and **** things up, so the sooner the better.
Reply 4
Thanks for all the advice. I've emailed the school of education and lifelong learning who run both courses. I'll let you know how I get on.
Reply 5
Well I emailed them yesterday and it's been changed on UCAS today. Can't fault them or maybe I just got lucky.

Latest

Trending

Trending