The Student Room Group

A2 AQA BIOL5 - did you find it difficult?

Please please PLEASE don't share answers or talk about what you put for each questions, as that will literally stress me out extremely bad. However I do want to know if anyone else found it to be a very difficult paper and much different to the BIOL5 papers from the past few years? All I've heard is people saying it was really easy, so now I'm kinda convinced that I've completely failed it because I found it so hard that I basically babbled my way through it.
I think that although there were a few challenging questions, on the whole it was a fair paper with both of the long essay questions extremely accessible. Saying that, it just so happened that the subjects I was more confident on came up on the paper and those that I didn't like thankfully didn't. What you need to remember is there is always 3/4 options for the correct answer on biology papers and as long as you had a good go and answered as much as possible then you'll have done ok.

Good luck for your results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Other people chat so much ****, they are just happy that the essay wasn't too bad because the essay was easy to understand, i mean it was reciting information. But the other questions.....my god. ****ing difficult, which required so much application, they were harder than in previous years, not easy at all. People wouldn't finish in time i reckon as there was a lot of passages to read and data to analyse.
People say the grade boundaries would sky rocket upwards but i really cannot see that the questions were harder than last year however the essay AND ONLY THE ESSAY was easier than last year. So i think same boundaries as last year, they are pretty consistant, generally 62/100 for an A.
Good luck and I'm sure you did fine!
Btw most of my friends were all saying the biology paper last year was piss easy and they ended up with C's and i got an A and i thought it was difficult
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Aleveltimes
I think that although there were a few challenging questions, on the whole it was a fair paper with both of the long essay questions extremely accessible. Saying that, it just so happened that the subjects I was more confident on came up on the paper and those that I didn't like thankfully didn't. What you need to remember is there is always 3/4 options for the correct answer on biology papers and as long as you had a good go and answered as much as possible then you'll have done ok.

Good luck for your results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, you too! I just found that it asked questions on very few topics, and it was the ones I wasn't so confident on that came up. I'm just praying for a B.
Reply 4
Original post by Mathsmad123
Other people chat so much ****, they are just happy that the essay wasn't too bad because the essay was easy to understand, i mean it was reciting information. But the other questions.....my god. ****ing difficult, which required so much application, they were harder than in previous years, not easy at all. People wouldn't finish in time i reckon as there was a lot of passages to read and data to analyse.
People say the grade boundaries would sky rocket upwards but i really cannot see that the questions were harder than last year however the essay AND ONLY THE ESSAY was easier than last year. So i think same boundaries as last year, they are pretty consistant, generally 62/100 for an A.
Good luck and I'm sure you did fine!
Btw most of my friends were all saying the biology paper last year was piss easy and they ended up with C's and i got an A and i thought it was difficult

I'm so glad to see that someone felt the same way as me! I thought the essays were lovely, but the short answer questions were predominantly how science works questions, which only made up a fraction of the paper in past papers. It was genuinely the only exam that has got me absolutely dreading results day. All the best for your results!

Quick Reply

Latest