Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I get my 8 ear old daughter to wear clothes in the house?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

she'll grow out of it

but if it bothers you just punish her for it? take a game/toy she likes, send her to her room/other boring place, make her do chores etc - she's 8 years old

Just punish her. After all it shouldn't be a problem for her to put on a skirt/shorts and a clean shirt that she didn't sleep in.

It's important that you're consistent though. You need to state the rules and what the exact punishment will be for breaking them. Don't let her rule you, currently you're begging her to at least put on pyjama bottoms. That can't be the case, you need to clearly state that pyjamas are only to be used at night.

Don't punish her immediately though, give her a warning first so she has a chance to change her behaviour and clothes. If she ignores the warning then you punish her.

Copy the supernanny method of using the naughty corner. even if it takes you 10000 tries you keep pulling them back to the naughty corner until they finally realise that they need to listen. in the same way tell your child she has to wear clothes and put them on her. she'll scream and cry and keep taking them off but you continue to put them on her until she finally realises that she won't be able to get out of it.
    Don't ask, don't yell, don't fight with her. Stay stern and make sure she gets the message

(Original post by sophie foster)
    okay this sounds very weird, I am a 30 year mom, I have a 8 year old cdaughter and I am having a lot of trouble with her wearing clothes around the house. She seems to be at the moment intent on wearing only a tee shirt and her knickers which she wears to bed only the, tee shirt is a pj shirt. I know it is the summer months but that is no excuse, I keep asking her to put on some troussers even if they are her pjs, she will not listen to me, she even does it when people come to visit the house, like the other day I had a tv man in and he kept laughing, I cannot literally force her and put them on for her can I, I not sure if this is thye right place to be posting this on, but could someone please offer me some help. how can I make her not walk rounmd in her underwear
    Show her a picture of girls her age wearing trousers and cute clothes, might inspire her

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ground her, no dinner, no sweeties, no friends, no anything until she does as her bloody told.
Updated: August 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.