The Student Room Group

What's the most funny/ignorant thing someone has said about your ethnicity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hahahaha I understand
Reply 81
"So likeeee... do you ride camels to work?"

Also I don't look Iraqi, people go for south asian countries first and it becomes a guessing game :lol:
We gassed six million Joos
Original post by z33
"So likeeee... do you ride camels to work?"

Also I don't look Iraqi, people go for south asian countries first and it becomes a guessing game :lol:

shlonak 3ini shako mako :lol:
Reply 84
How come you call yourself an asian? I thought only Pakistanis or Indians call themselves asian :colonhash:
Reply 85
Original post by Bezoar
shlonak 3ini shako mako :lol:

Lmaaoooo ayyyyy kil hala beekum wallahhi alhamdulilah mako shee... bas results day :cry: wa antum? :tongue: :lol:
Reply 86
Random Person: So, where are you from?
Me: Lancashire, up North
Random Person: So are you like a farmer or something?

Just because I'm from NW England does NOT mean I'm a farmer
Reply 87
@defenestrated

omg mention the uganda thing
Original post by z33
Lmaaoooo ayyyyy kil hala beekum wallahhi alhamdulilah mako shee... bas results day :cry: wa antum? :tongue: :lol:

hahaha inshallah kheir yalla leysh tibcheen!
Original post by h333
How come you call yourself an asian? I thought only Pakistanis or Indians call themselves asian :colonhash:

you talkin to me? If so, I call myself Middle Eastern. But white people like to call me asian
Reply 90
Original post by Bezoar
you talkin to me? If so, I call myself Middle Eastern. But white people like to call me asian

Lol no :tongue: ok.
People like to jump straight to an assumption that I'm Polish based on my accent. After that one fails, their next guess is Russian. Again, fail. JUST DON'T FKING GUESS! ASK!
We all pirates
we all have jackass big foreheads
We all called abdi
we all say wallahi
Original post by Bezoar
I'm kind of light-skin brown, but I'm not South Asian (ie I'm not Indian/Pakistani etc), I'm Middle Eastern.

I've had someone request a bhangra dance when Punjabi MC came on in the club. I've also had people asking me to teach them to wrap turbans, teach them urdu and teach them how to make parathas.

An old housemate of mine came into the kitchen when I had finished cooking:

"Mmmm smells good!! Did you just make a curry"
"No it was fried eggs and toast"
"Oh, smells like curry"

I have plenty more but those are just a few to start things off.

Anyone else want to contribute? :colone:

That we have huge chins
Original post by Bezoar
I'm kind of light-skin brown, but I'm not South Asian (ie I'm not Indian/Pakistani etc), I'm Middle Eastern.

I've had someone request a bhangra dance when Punjabi MC came on in the club. I've also had people asking me to teach them to wrap turbans, teach them urdu and teach them how to make parathas.

An old housemate of mine came into the kitchen when I had finished cooking:

"Mmmm smells good!! Did you just make a curry"
"No it was fried eggs and toast"
"Oh, smells like curry"

I have plenty more but those are just a few to start things off.

Anyone else want to contribute? :colone:

That white people don't experience racism :rolleyes:
I'm Sudanese (North East African) and I've had a few Somalians call me a liar when I tell them I'm not Somalian :colonhash: a man once tried to test me by asking me questions in Arabic (the native language of Sudan) to see if I was really what I said I was. I'm used to being mistaken for a Somalian but for someone to say I'm lying about my ethnicity that's a whole other level!
"You MUST be a Muslim?! Why aren't you a Muslim?!!"
You're Korean correct?
Reply 98
Original post by PrincessBO$$
We all pirates
we all have jackass big foreheads
We all called abdi
we all say wallahi

The fact you all eat banana and rice. Btw how does it taste?
An NHS nurse I was speaking to when I lived in the UK told me "your English is really good".

....It's my first language. :nothing:

Quick Reply

Latest