The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy or sport rehabilitation

Hey I'm thinking of studying either Physiotherapy or sport rehabilitation. Has anyone studied either if so what one would they recommend ???
Reply 1
Hi, i would probably recommend Physiotherapy compared to Sports Rehab. I graduated from Sports Rehab and never really found a secure job. Whereas with Physio you have more options in where you can work. Im going to uni this year to study Physio so i guess my first degree has given me insight and prepared me for this degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there. I had the same dilemma this time 2 years ago, during my first year of a levels. I made the decision to follow the physio route and next month i'll be starting an undergraduate physiotherapy degree at a top University.

Yourself taking a sports rehab course will put you in a situation where you're like a lone sheep in a massive herd. So many people take sports rehab as an 'alternative' if they don't know what they want. Furthermore, sports rehab is probably made up of 90% of people who did BTEC's. I'm not de-valueing the qualification but if you do a levels to get into the course, it will seem like so much effort for such little.

On the other hand, physiotherapy courses are funded by the NHS (but from my knowledge this year will be the last year of this happening, then it will be the usual 9k per year. Physiotherapy is also a professional degree so you won't struggle to find a job in a society in need of physio professionals.

I don't know if you do BTEC or a levels at the moment but if you do want to go into physio I would recommend taking at least A level biology or Physical Education for that matter.

I don't want to come across as biased towards students doing a levels, but this is a reality of it unfortunately. I really hope this helped you. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest