please help me
How do i find part b

My answer was

f'(x)=\left\{\begin{matrix}
y = \frac{1}{x}, & x \neq 0\\
y = \frac{3}{2}+ \sqrt{\frac{5}{4}-x}, & x\geq 1\\
y = 3 - x & x \geq 0
\end{matrix}\right.

Please help me as I think my answer is wrong extension question.jpgextension question.jpg

Thank you for helping
I'm not sure what you've done. To find f(x)f'(x), you differentiate each function in their respective ranges. Also note, there is no need to write y=...y =... in your answers. It might be a good idea to draw out the function to get to a sense of what is happening.
Reply 2
Original post by NeverLucky
I'm not sure what you've done. To find f(x)f'(x), you differentiate each function in their respective ranges. Also note, there is no need to write y=...y =... in your answers. It might be a good idea to draw out the function to get to a sense of what is happening.

I managed to do it but i want to know if there is something special about the results i am suppose to know This is becausei t is an extension exercise and thought that if i did it i will learn in depth stuff about functions
Original post by bigmansouf
I managed to do it but i want to know if there is something special about the results i am suppose to know This is becausei t is an extension exercise and thought that if i did it i will learn in depth stuff about functions

I don't think there's really much to gather from doing that question tbh other than maybe it's a continuous function between the domain values. C3 Functions isn't one of the major topics in C3 really - a lot of it is pretty straightforward.
Reply 4
"I think my answer is wrong" - well why don't you show it to us then...?

Quick Reply

Latest