Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Business Management applicant books

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I'm currently in the process of writing my personal statement to apply to study Business Management. I know that for some courses it's good to talk about additional reading into the subject, however for Business I haven't been able to find any appropriate books to read to discuss other than the basic 'Success stories' of businesses or textbooks, which aren't the best to write about. If anyone has any books they can suggest it would be greatly appreciated.

The first book is an essential text in business and management studies.
    • Boddy, D., (2014) Management An Introduction, 6th Edition, Harlow, FT Prentice Hall.
    • Ramsay, P., Maier, P., Price, G., (2010) Study Skills for Business & Management Students, Harlow, Pearson Education.
    • Cameron, S. (2009) The Business Student’s Handbook, 5th Edition, Harlow, FT Prentice Hall
    • Horn, R. (2009) Business Skills Handbook, Exeter, Short Run Press Ltd.
    • Moore, S., Neville, C., Murphy, M. & Connolly, C. (2010) The Ultimate Study Skills Handbook (Open Up Study Skills), Maidenhead, McGraw-Hill Education.
    • Bailey, R. (2003). Academic writing. Cheltenham: Nelson-Thornes.
      hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786
    hamzaahmad786 luton
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.