The Student Room Group

Help!!!!

Hi my daughters gets her results Thursday and after a year out - meaning she is 19 not 18, illness through her first year and her 6 form losing some of her art a level work and not giving her a board to present it on!! She's likely to get 100 points, her firm choice is uca Farnham with a conditional at 220, she's been interviewed by the course leader who loves her and has emailed her to commend her, what are her chances of getting in with an epic interview and 100 points?? Btw this may not mean anything but her course is on clearing too
Any advice or opinions please?
So it is an art and design course she's looking at? A different kettle of fish from many other subjects I would guess because the portfolio/interview are most significant.

Are you including AS points in that guess at total UCAS points? Or has the university already said it doesn't accept UCAS points from AS?
She's got whatever GCSE requirements they stipulate?

Has the school submitted any kind of supporting evidence of these problems ahead of the results (always better done ahead of results)?
Been in the same boat, when she gets her results, she needs to phone the university and ask to speak to whoever the course lead is, and explain what has happened. They may still offer her a place.
Original post by Clairelee1
Hi my daughters gets her results Thursday and after a year out - meaning she is 19 not 18, illness through her first year and her 6 form losing some of her art a level work and not giving her a board to present it on!! She's likely to get 100 points, her firm choice is uca Farnham with a conditional at 220, she's been interviewed by the course leader who loves her and has emailed her to commend her, what are her chances of getting in with an epic interview and 100 points?? Btw this may not mean anything but her course is on clearing too

Do you mean, 100 points(B? ) for Art, when she was expecting to do rather better, or 100 in total (D, E?)? Surely with all that going on during her sixth form career, your daughter's tutor will already have alerted the relevant exam board(s) and the university via her reference?

Come Thursday morning, a change in status to Unconditional, or a rejection in Track will mean exactly that, I think - only if the status hasn't changed would it mean that the university may not yet have made a decision.
Reply 4
Original post by Clairelee1
It is up to the uni to decide what they are prepared to accept. If the course is in Clearing that may be helpful if her portfolio is so strong but the academic results a bit weaker.

Just to clarify what she can include in her points tally: unless the uni has specifically excluded them she can include the points from any AS levels that she hasn't taken to the full A level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending