The Student Room Group

Proof of Divorce

hi

I'm currently applying for finance for sept 2016. I am a single man living in shared accommodation I have a postal address which is a friends house as I cannot trust the mail here. I was divorced in 2007 but have lost my decree absolute am I still able to apply for student finance without this?
Hi,

We would require evidence of your divorce. You could request another copy of your decree absolute or send a signed affidavit or a statutory declaration, both of which you can get drafted by a solicitor. Thanks
Reply 2
Yes but that's going to cost me £65 to get a duplicate decree absolute and that could take weeks to come my course starts on 16th sept what happens if my course starts before my finance is sorted out?

Original post by Carly SFE
Hi,

We would require evidence of your divorce. You could request another copy of your decree absolute or send a signed affidavit or a statutory declaration, both of which you can get drafted by a solicitor. Thanks
Hi, if you put on your application you are divorced but do not provide marital evidence we would not income assess the application until we receive proof of divorce. We will put the application on hold until we receive this evidence I would advise you to call us and request it to be non income assessed so you can receive the non income assessed funding. Once we receive the marital status evidence we will then income assess the application and award the additional tested support.Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending