The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Question regarding January Welcome

I notice on the academic calender there is a period at the beginning of the second term known as a "January welcome", which I assume is for foreign or visiting students. My question is, do home students have classes to attend on these days/have to be in uni whilst this is ongoing? I am thinking about going away for a day during this time, but would be back well before the teaching block starts again on the 16th.

Any insight from current students appreciated! :smile:
I may be mistaken, but isn't January Welcome the equivalent of September Welcome for students (freshers) that start their studies from January instead of September?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I may be mistaken, but isn't January Welcome the equivalent of September Welcome for students (freshers) that start their studies from January instead of September?
Original post by agirdzius

That's totally what I thought, too. Just wondering if the rest of us will have time-tabled classes then?

Quick Reply

Latest