The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Parking situation

I should be going to York next year all being well, but i'm currently accompanist for a children's choir in huddersfield and do a bit of cocktail piano playing in leeds which i get a fair bit of income out of, plus the choir can't find a suitable replacement, so I'm hoping i can take my car to York as an easy way to get around doing my gigs and work.

I'm aware the uni has a very tight parking permit policy but are there suitable places outside the campus that i could get to fairly easily when i have to, and not fear it being broken into or having it stolen (it's a G reg Polo mind, so i don't think many people will want to nick it!).

It'd be useful to know and find out before i got there!
Reply 1
jazzanova
I should be going to York next year all being well, but i'm currently accompanist for a children's choir in huddersfield and do a bit of cocktail piano playing in leeds which i get a fair bit of income out of, plus the choir can't find a suitable replacement, so I'm hoping i can take my car to York as an easy way to get around doing my gigs and work.

I'm aware the uni has a very tight parking permit policy but are there suitable places outside the campus that i could get to fairly easily when i have to, and not fear it being broken into or having it stolen (it's a G reg Polo mind, so i don't think many people will want to nick it!).

It'd be useful to know and find out before i got there!

hmm i looked at the accomodation website and i thought it said that no parking is given but i could be wrong - why not try and contact York, they may make an allowance, I mean, they have to have some parking??!!
what course you applied for?

www.york.ac.uk-admin-accom-pdffiles-ugaccom04.pdf
University of York
York
Officially no student is allowed to park a car on campus. if you do, you'll get a warning. If you do it a second time, they say they will clamp you. (I don't know if this has ever happened.) There might be exceptions if you are disabled. However, I knew a few people who kept cars in residential streets eg in Fulford. They can't stop you keeping a car when you live off campus in your second year.

Latest

Trending

Trending