The Student Room Group

Delivery Jobs Advice

Hi,

I am very interested in being a courier driver and I have been looking for things that I can do in my spare time while I am a student.

I found a service called Amazon Flex, but it is only in Birmingham. I have also found Beelivery, but that is not active at all and there are never any jobs.

I am looking for a service that allows people to be able to deliver parcels, it will be great experience for me while I am a student. Does anyone have any services that offer this kind of thing?
Can't point you to any adverts but somewhere I have seen adverts either in my local paper or leaflets?

Be aware that you will need business insurance to use your car.
Self employed delivery couriers only get on average .60p for each delivery. So you have to be going some to get an income
Original post by Necabo
Hi,

I am very interested in being a courier driver and I have been looking for things that I can do in my spare time while I am a student.

I found a service called Amazon Flex, but it is only in Birmingham. I have also found Beelivery, but that is not active at all and there are never any jobs.

I am looking for a service that allows people to be able to deliver parcels, it will be great experience for me while I am a student. Does anyone have any services that offer this kind of thing?

Look on jobs sites such as indeed.com etc.
And remember that you would have to have business use on your insurance, which is usually more expensive.
Reply 3
You're better off doing pizza delivery for Pizza Hut/Dominos. *I drove for the former while I was a student and it worked out really well for me. *They cover you under their insurance and give you a quid per delivery which is paid to you as a "gift" and thus wasn't taxed. *Easily paid for my fuel and then a quite substantial amount after that. *
I am 18, if I get a courier job with someone like Hermes or something, would I have to change insurance deal with my can insurers? Apologies if this is a dumb question! I have passed my driving test nearly a year ago now and have had no incidents with drivin to school every day and to meet ups etc if that has any impact...
Reply 5
Original post by dodgewc25
I am 18, if I get a courier job with someone like Hermes or something, would I have to change insurance deal with my can insurers? Apologies if this is a dumb question! I have passed my driving test nearly a year ago now and have had no incidents with drivin to school every day and to meet ups etc if that has any impact...

Ideally make your own thread next time instead of bumping an old one.

You need business class car insurance, whether that be through your own insurer or the courier's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending