The Student Room Group

Adding Family on Facebook

I blocked all my family members on FB years ago then kind of forgot until the other day my aunt got it for the first time and added me. Now it seems more normal people add their family- maybe it's because I'm older and me and my friends don't just post drunk pictures anymore.

But then I know a guy who did a PHd involving FB and he says the more different social circles you combine in your friend list, the more it is likely to give you problems and make FB less enjoyable. And I don't trust my dad not to do something seriously cringe worthy whilst drunk.

Do you add family member? Who or why not?
Yeah, I add family members or they add me. I have nothing to hide.
Reply 2
Original post by snowprincess
Yeah, I add family members or they add me. I have nothing to hide.

When you have family members that will snitch on everything you do to your parents... Well, you have everything to hide!

#AsianProblems
Reply 3
I've got all of my family BLOCKED. I can't be having them sharing all my pictures, knowing all about my friendships, commenting embarrassing stuff, reading my statuses..

I'm just not really close enough to my family to want them to see all of my stuff, for some reason I just like to keep my life as private as I can from them because they've always got something to say and they always try to interfere :frown:
Reply 4
I've got all of my dad's side blocked as I've never had anything to do with them in life and they were given numerous chances to be a part of my life when I was growing up and weren't interested but then they started snooping on me on FB and trying to add me and was I hell having that :laugh:

I have my mum, gran and papa (mum's side), a few cousins and a lot of my partner's family on FB. I have numerous second cousins but I haven't added most of them as they are extremely petty and nosy and I never see them in real life anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I do but, I'm very careful with everything. Like I actually can't be me. Only in Skype calls, Snapchat and in school/college. :biggrin:
Original post by Spock's Socks
I've got all of my dad's side blocked as I've never had anything to do with them in life and they were given numerous chances to be a part of my life when I was growing up and weren't interested but then they started snooping on me on FB and trying to add me and was I hell having that :laugh:

I have my mum, gran and papa (mum's side), a few cousins and a lot of my partner's family on FB. I have numerous second cousins but I haven't added most of them as they are extremely petty and nosy and I never see them in real life anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the situation regarding your dads side is fair enough. I think I'd be the same.
I've got my family on Facebook (the ones that have Facebook anyway- not all of them do). But although i have nothing to hide, I still do feel slightly wary of what I put on.

Quick Reply

Latest