Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Help me find a suitable vocational degree

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi, my subjects are chem bio maths and spanish, and i will be dropping spanish (hopefully). I cant seem to find a course seeing as nothing particularly interests me and if im honest i just need a degree that will lead to a stable job.

ideally something in science would be cool, before i wanted to be a doctor however I think this year for my AS results i will get BBCD so thats out the picture.

By some miracle im hoping to get at least 3 Bs so that ill be predicted BBB and can apply for degrees such as radiography or speech and language therapy. Ive also been looking at accounting as a possible option.

Um and also, i wanted to do neuroscience but I doubt ill get the grades or it and plus i dont think you can get a job after that...

does anyone have any other ideas for me? i feel totally stuck and confused as to how ill sort my life out.

Speech and Language Therapy with your combination would be an excellent option. However, the grade boundaries are tough. Not many courses out there that don't want to see an A grade in the mix. You'd have to prepared to work towards an A in something if you want to maximise your chances.*

If nothing's grabbing you, though, I think you need to consider getting yourself to some open days. Have you done any work experience or volunteering that would give you something to talk about on your personal statement, something to support your interest in a health care role? I'm assuming you have if you've been thinking about medicine but it is worth reflecting on those experiences and thinking about what you found interesting.*

I'm studying SLT and I've got a lot of experiences helping people prepare their personal statements so do PM me if you want to ask anything about either of those.*
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.