The Student Room Group

Tonsillitis

Does any one have any suggestions on how to reduce the agonising pain of tonsillitis?? Please! I've got penicillin and co-codamol pain killers but I am still struggling to swallow any food or liquid! I feel like it's gonna come out of my nose when I drink, some one help please, I'm in so much pain
Original post by Malandra_shead
Does any one have any suggestions on how to reduce the agonising pain of tonsillitis?? Please! I've got penicillin and co-codamol pain killers but I am still struggling to swallow any food or liquid! I feel like it's gonna come out of my nose when I drink, some one help please, I'm in so much pain

I find sipping on cool water helps, and sucking on ice cubes. When I have it bad, I basically just live off things like ice cream. Hopefully in the next few days you'll find it a bit easier to eat and drink!
Original post by Malandra_shead

Gargling salt water usually helps, just make sure you don't swallow the water.

Quick Reply

Latest