The Student Room Group

"What's your favourite….?"

Is it just me that finds this question really hard to answer? I was asked a couple of days ago what my favourite food was and I just couldn't answer it! I looked so lame for not having an answer but I just don't seem to have a 'favourite' food… or many 'favourite' things I am absolutely certain about. :confused:

The same thing goes for songs and books, anything topical really! I find that my tastes in things are always changing and that I can never really settle on something as a 'favourite'.

What about you? Don't struggle having favourite things? Or are you like me? :erm: I'm curious. :beard:
(edited 7 years ago)
I struggle with this too! I can usually narrow it down to a few things, but I can't pick an absolute favourite. I also often think to myself 'shall I just lie and give an obvious/easily recognisable answer?', because when it comes to my favourite book and favourite band for example, very few people have heard of them and I have to spend ages explaining!
Original post by Leviathan1741
I struggle with this too! I can usually narrow it down to a few things, but I can't pick an absolute favourite. I also often think to myself 'shall I just lie and give an obvious/easily recognisable answer?', because when it comes to my favourite book and favourite band for example, very few people have heard of them and I have to spend ages explaining!

I do this too! I almost always end up lying just so I don't give the "I don't have a favourite lol" answer and look stupid! :lol: So frustrating!
Same, favourite food will differ depending on how I feel. Like sometimes you really just want a burger. Other times you'd love a stir fry.

Very few things I can confidently pick a favourite in.
For me, it depends on the question. Like some users, I can answer confidently, other times it requires some thinking.
This happens to me especially when someone asks me on the spot.
I can never have a favourite song - I just can't. I always find a good song so its hard to have a favourite! Same with foods - deifnitely. I eat anything so meh.
i'll usually go for pizza if anyone asks me that :beard:
Glad I'm not alone in this! :tongue:
Reply 9
Lol don't worry I am usually the same, I have a few favourite things and not just a favourite :biggrin:
Original post by h333
Lol don't worry I am usually the same, I have a few favourite things and not just a favourite :biggrin:

I always find that things I don't even like pop into my head when I'm asked on the spot! :lol:
Reply 11
Original post by iEthan
I always find that things I don't even like pop into my head when I'm asked on the spot! :lol:

Looool the struggles :lol:
Hard question but I would say either macaroni and cheese or pizza

Quick Reply

Latest