The Student Room Group

Alevels

I want to get into top 10 unis and do Economics and I was wondering if anyone knows what Alevels to do?

I am planning to do only 3 a levels and only focus on all of them instead of 4 and drop one after.
----------------------
•Maths
•Economics
•Business Studies or Chemistry or Physics (I hate sciences so id rather not do them)

Anything you would like to change? / or Any advice?

Thanks
Reply 1
I'd say that's perfectly fine
Reply 2
At least do Physics As. LSE would like that if you decide to do A level business studies.
Original post by K.H.A.N™
I want to get into top 10 unis and do Economics and I was wondering if anyone knows what Alevels to do?

I am planning to do only 3 a levels and only focus on all of them instead of 4 and drop one after.
----------------------
•Maths
•Economics
•Business Studies or Chemistry or Physics (I hate sciences so id rather not do them)

Thanks

If you want to leave the possibility of going to Cambridge or LSE open, I would take maths, further maths, economics and two other subjects of your choice. I would not, however, take business studies as some universities don't acknowledge it (whether they should do that or not). Most people who go for economics do tend to take one science, usually physics (because most people are doing maths and further maths anyway). Don't throw a science in there if you are close to certain you will do badly, however. Hope that helps.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

----------------------
•Maths
•Economics

Thanks

Do a science rather than business studies and economics together, wider range of subjects will impress them more.
Original post by 130398
At least do Physics As. LSE would like that if you decide to do A level business studies.

Yeah I am going to do

Maths Economics Business Studies..
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Hope that helps.

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/admissions/ug/apply/a-level-combinations

This is a Cam college and they said to pick subs from A1 A2 and B..

Maths A1
Economics A2
Business Studies B

IS this a good mix?
Original post by L33t
Do a science rather than business studies and economics together, wider range of subjects will impress them more.

honestly I hate sciences.. GCSE science I hated it so yeah. if I was going to do a science id do Chem or Physics but that will require a lot of time to revise and I am willing to do that but wont Economics Maths and Bus be fine? if not I can do Chem or Physics
http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/admissions/ug/apply/a-level-combinations

This is a Cam college and they said to pick subs from A1 A2 and B..

Maths A1
Economics A2
Business Studies B

IS this a good mix?

You really need further maths (if you want to go to Cambridge or LSE). Cambridge can say stuff on there website about how it is not a necessity, but in reality it basically is. Also you really need to have a minimum of four. If you really want to take business studies, then by all means, but I would only do it if you are willing to take all four (maths, further mats, economics and business studies) to A2.

----------------------
•Maths
•Economics

Thanks

Id probably do maths, economics and business studies- but id check that unis requirements to see if theres any subjects that they do/dont want. And what grades they are after.
Reply 10
honestly I hate sciences.. GCSE science I hated it so yeah. if I was going to do a science id do Chem or Physics but that will require a lot of time to revise and I am willing to do that but wont Economics Maths and Bus be fine? if not I can do Chem or Physics

Either combination should be fine just check their requirements on the website. If you hate sciences then don't do them. It is a lot of work, trust me! Only do the subjects you enjoy, and that satisfy your course requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending