Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post


Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    I would like to apply for a Bachelor’s degree but have a query about whether I am able to get a Student Finance Loan for my fees.

    I did one and a half years of a diploma course around five years ago but had to leave the course due to extenuating circumstances. However, my fees for that year were not paid by Student finance but were paid by an NHS bursary, I did have a maintenance grant from SFE but I am only currently concerned with fees funding.

    As I have not received any SFE funding for my tution fees am I eligible to apply for a loan to cover my fees?

    Any information you have would be great!

    Many thanks,


    Hi Steff,

    Is the bachelor's Degree 3 years long? Did you suspend from the diploma course during the second year? Thanks
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.