The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
firestar786
im seroiusly against the whole idea of doing my AS all over again whilst my freinds leave me in the dust. id rather just get into a2 so i can resit them in january

Is your only reason though because you don’t want to be left by your friends? In reality, while you may not think so now, it isn’t the most important thing. You’ll still have them – providing they’re real friends – and you’ll make new ones from your new classes.

Why do you not want to redo your AS year? Other than because of your friends, I mean.

While obviously it’s your choice ultimately, I’d strongly recommend redoing the year – It’ll do you a lot better in the long run, and you’re not the only person who’ll be redoing the year (you’re not the first and won’t be the last). I myself will be in the same sort of situation: I’ll be starting AS-Levels this coming September, am 18, but I’ll know no one at the place I’m going to (at least you’ll know those in the year above).

You’re worried about the ‘friends’ factor, which is understandable, but when you’re off at university, will you really keep in contact with your school friends? Few people do, and even those that do only see them during the summer holidays, if that – they’re more concerned about the friends they have at university.
Reply 21
thank you for the advice.

i can see where your coming from, but i detest the idea of doing the whole AS for another year. Im sure I understand everything, and since my only problem was not preparing enough because i was too enraged in doing 2 other things. those 2 things have finished and i have no more distractions.
so i believe i have the confidence to revise and prepare hard for the january exams and get A/B. Also, I'm fairly confident in computing and english that i got at least C.
also, a whole year to study the entire year again just thinking about it making me queasy, above all the embarrassment of being the first in my family and explaining to my uptight parents i screwed it up. also, my plan was to go to university with 2 of my freinds, im highly confident they will go through to the next year and our plan was to go to university together.
i think my only problem with chem/bio was absorbing all the information.
i will keep in contact with the freinds at 6th form because they form a sport group which im a part of, so its a must lol
Hi, you put that you were enthusastic that you'd get good grades after you exams, and I think your only thinking like this now because times dragging on, just keep yourself busy and try not to think about it- easier said then done, I know! x
Reply 23
Don't worry too much, I think some people over-analysis their exam performances and thinks about every single possible mistake that they have made and its impact on their modules grades. Just try your best and not think about it (I have the same problem) because nothing right could change your exam performances.

Anyways you don't need to get everything right to get an A grade, or even 100% in UMS so just....... RELAX!
You've probably done better than you think, and even if you don't quite get the grades you need, you might be allowed to carry on to A2 anyway if your teachers think you can cope with it on top of resits. If not, you could apply to do your A2 year somewhere else. If the worst comes to the worst, resitting the year wouldn't be the end of the world and would be easier than resitting modules on top of all your A2 work, which could affect your grades.

Latest