Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Changing from living at home to accomodation?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I realise time is getting on, and it's pretty late, but I see many people currently starting their applications.
    My predicament is thus:
    I applied at the earliest convenience for a maintenance loan under the pretense that I would be living at home.
    However, because of recent.. circumstances.. I realise it may be a lot easier to get accommodation nearer the campus- rather than living at home.
    My entitlement was fairly generous based on a low-income background, giving me £6961 per annum.

    Cutting to the chase- is it a possibility to either re-apply or change the application to factor in a change of living situation. I was hoping to bump my maintenance loan up to around £8000 to compensate for living expenses.

    Please, any advice or personal experience with this is highly appreciated.

    You should be able to do this online.

    Hi Joshua, you would have been based on the parental rate for maintenance loan however if you are not living with parents then we would assess you on the elsewhere rate that is slightly higher than the parental rate. You can change this on your online account. You would update the term time address and update where you would be living during all 3 terms to ensure a reassessment is done. Thanks
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.