Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Criminology and forensics advice.

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

hi,i am looking for some guidance please, i have worked for the past 6 years since leaving school. I haven't done the college route so i am so nervous to study at university full time!! i am going to study criminology and forensics at hull university. Can anybody give me an insight please as what to expect and the course hours as i will be working part time also?!?!? anything will be helpful please!!

Expect to be taught 10-20h per week and have to do some private study. You can work but make sure you manage your time well and stay motivated.

do not expect to be taught, you will be given subjects and lectures from which you will need to do research, my advice would be take lots of notes during lectures and save the lecture slides to your computer as revision notes to point you in the right direction during your research, 1st year is important as it will guide you into what is expected in year 2 and 3, year 2 is a harder year than 1 but if you have worked 1 and 2 well year 3 is a lot easier as you will be able to plan your research better and organise your time better, don't be afraid to ask questions, beware of plagiarism but working together with friends helps all of you to succeed. but most of all, enjoy it!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.