The Student Room Group

What is the best type of cheese?

Scroll to see replies

I'm a mild cheddar kinda girl :tongue:
Reply 81

For me at the moment it is probably Edam (or Stilton, brie, Camembert... so many to choose from!)

How about you?

Probably mozzarella... :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Haloumi:wavey:

ok that was good
touche Monsieur
touche :mmm:
:wavey::tongue:
loving how popular the stinking bishop is rn :rofl:
pecorino
it's a great cheese but it's expensive
I like most cheeses the only one I didn't like was halloumi
@CheeseIsVeg
Is the best cheese
:sexface:
The fact that there's a cheese called "Stinking Bishop" amuses me greatly.
Original post by AppleB
@CheeseIsVeg
Is the best cheese
:sexface:

stawp man :hand:
u know 2rightly that edam be the best cheese :u:

Spoiler

It is an outrage that mozzarella and halloumi are doing so well in the poll. outrageously bland cheeses! :smile:
Only 2 mentions of Wensleydale, wtf? T'is the best cheese going
Reply 90
Leyden cheese - by a long way.
Reply 91
Goat's
Port salut is mild but great
Smegma is the best cheese
[Ignore - duplicate post]
(edited 7 years ago)
I like a good Cheddar! I'm from Somerset and have been to Cheddar many times; including their cheese shops (oh and I can't forget the Christmas shop). The cheeses there are really nice - albeit slightly expensive! I prefer smoked cheeses so a piece of smoked Cheddar, matured in Cheddar Gorge or Wookey Hole, is the best in my opinion!
(edited 7 years ago)
Mozerella is just great. Halloumi, red leicester, double gloucester and brie are good contenders too :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by randdom
Today I will be asking one of lifes big questions!

For me at the moment it is probably Edam (or Stilton, brie, Camembert... so many to choose from!)

How about you?

Of course depends on situation. In germany we have a simple dish potatoes with quark and i started adding feta to it, and a bad feta will be meh but a good one will make the dish so amazing mmmmm

I voted gouda as for cheese on bread i just love young dutch gouda (theres alao german kne but it tends not to be asgood)

On a burger though i think a different one woukd be better, so it really depends on situatuon.

If you llove strong cheese try german tilsiter (alt medklenburger). Southern german, swiss and austrian mountain cheese (bergkäse) is also super good.
Norwegian Jarlsberg, for sure.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I'll b'edamned if it aint edam :mmm:

You should've created this thread!
Let's I tried some Edam the other day, wasn't best pleased when it nearly came back up :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest