Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Psychology in another country

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi! My name is Fritiof and I'm a prospective Swedish student.

    I'm a Swede who wants to study to become a psychologist. I know I want to live and work in France in the future, permanently, because I love the country so much.

    However, I do not speak frenc that well yet, and don't want to study there. Instead I want to study in either Sweden or England, and learn french/move to France later.

    My question is: For having a future career as a psychologist in France, would it be better to study in Sweden or England? Which is the better option?

    If you do not know the answer to this, do you know where I can get this information? (In english).

    Fritiof Ajvide

    I don't believe it would particularly matter as most countries require some conversion or accreditation process. A quick browsing on Google shows that ex-pat psychologists have had difficult having their qualifications recognised. You have to fill out a document and have it translated to send off for approval. You can't work (as therapist) or continue study in France until your credentials are approved.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.