Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this abuse?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Like an hour ago, my mum had asked me to take my sister to the park but I refused, and went to my bedroom. A few minutes later, she told me to do something but I told her I had to revise. She then called me downstairs and took off her shoe. I knew she was going to hit me so I ran upstairs but my brothers were surrounding me. They were recording me and pushed me down. My mum grabbed my hair so hard and pushed me to the ground and took me to the kitchen. She then punched me and twisted my arm. She asked me to wash the dishes and I did. My brothers kept on laughing and mocking me. Is this normal or is this what your parents do when you dont do what they ask? Should I talk to someone about this?

Call the police or social services and tell them what happened. Or if you're too frightened to do this/don't have the means, PLEASE tell a trusted teacher/the head teacher and ask them to call them for you. Basically ANY trusted adult you can find who can help you call someone about this. Even your doctor.

What your mother, and brothers, are doing is physical and emotional abuse and you should 100% definitely talk to someone ASAP. It is not normal, in fact, it is completely and utterly wrong and they should face serious consequences.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.