The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i received confirmation of my NHS bursary the other day, just wondering if anyone who has received it before found that they struggled in the first few months as its paid in monthly installments, the amount i will get in sept and oct along with my 1st installment of student loan just covers the cost of my rent, thats without me spending money on food etc.im worried i will have to live out of my overdraft for the first 3 months. just wondering if anyone had any advice.
Reply 21
x_jessi_x
i received confirmation of my NHS bursary the other day, just wondering if anyone who has received it before found that they struggled in the first few months as its paid in monthly installments, the amount i will get in sept and oct along with my 1st installment of student loan just covers the cost of my rent, thats without me spending money on food etc.im worried i will have to live out of my overdraft for the first 3 months. just wondering if anyone had any advice.
sorry if this makes things worse for you but depending on when your course starts you won't get your september payment in september. This is because installments are paid on the third friday of every month, and most uni's don't start till the end of september which means you've missed the cut off date, as the bursary people wait for confirmation from the uni that you've enrolled.......so you will get september and octobers installments at the same time, on the third friday in october.

As for budgeting, I would askif you can pay your rent by installments.....when I was living away for uni I could pay my rent monthly which meant it was easier to budget, so check with the accomodation department of your uni. And as for living out of your overdraft - well sometimes it has to be done...sad but true.......your overdraft will be interest free if you have a student account so don't worry too much

Latest